04 Ren (Nu'est)

(Bittersweet)

Requested by @RoseyMint

The cherry blossoms bloom brilliantly as they lit up the street with beautiful shades of pink.

_______ looked out the window of the bus, admiring the breath taking view. She let out a sigh as she wonder if her new school would be just as nice. Transferring new school this late in the year may not be one of the best ideas.

-

_______ walk down the path leading to the campus. She watched as students past her with their friends.

"_______-ah!" She hears a cheerful voice call out her name. Before she got the chance to see who the voice came from, she was enveloped in a tight hug.

"Oh Hyeri-ah, nice to see you." She greeted as the girl released her from her death grip. Hyeri was her childhood friend and an unni she always wanted.

"Aww you're so cute in this uniform~" Hyeri says as she squished the younger one's cheeks.

"Come on I'll take you to your class." Hyeri takes hold of _______'s arm and began guiding her to the school.

-

_______ stopped in her track as a crowd of people were blocking her way from entering the cafeteria. They seemed to be trying to get their attention acknowledge by what seems to be a group of male students in the center. She forced her way through as she was supposed to meet Hyeri inside the cafeteria.

After what seem like who knows how long, _______ made it to the center of the crowd. She looked up and realized why those girls were surrounding theses boys. This may be unfair for the rest of the male population, because it seems that these five boys infront of her possess the most gorgeous features. But one in particular caught her eyes.

He looked fimilar. _______'s eyes widen as memories flood her mind. He was indeed the boy of her memories, but his appearance had change so much. He no longer have that cheerful smile, instead it was replaced with an unreadable expression. How could this happen? Someone she never thought of ever meeting again appears right infront of her.

"Ren." She spoke his name with pain. Tears began running down her cheeks without her realizing.

The lad looked around, searching for the soft voice that had called him. He stop as he made eye contact with the girl standing in front of him.

Suddenly everyone turns their attention to the two who were glued to their spot. An unbearable pain rised in _______'s chest. It was as if someone was stabbing her heart with a shape blade. She quickly turned around, running to the closes exit she can find.

"Go, chase after her." Ren recovers from his shock as his friend nudge him and gave him an encouraging smile.

He smiles back as he pushes his way out of the crowd.

-

"________!" He grabs her arm, stopping her from running any further. She harshly shakes off his hand facing him with a furious expression.

"What do you want?" She asked angrily. He longer have his blonde hair that differ him from the crowd. But there was no doubt he still stood out from the rest with his charismatic features. But there was no way _______ can forget how he had left her two years ago without any explanation. They were best friends, but to her he meant a lot more.

"_______." He repeats her name again but this time in a softer tone. "I miss you."

"Why did you leave me?" She ask, tears streaming down her face. She hit him in the arm letting out her frustration.

The sight of _______ crying like this made Ren's heart clench in pain. He had never seen her so broken and fragile. He held her arm stopping her as he pulled her into his embrace.

"I'm sorry." He whisper. "I'm really sorry." His voice was cracking as he repeatedly apologized. _______ felt his body shaking, and small sniffles escaped from him. He was crying.

_______ hesitantly reached out her arms as she slowly wrap them around Ren's waist. She snuggled her head on his shoulder as she recall the last time she had hugged him. She remeber all the memories they shared and all the reasons why she had fell in love with him.

_______ felt the hug tighten as Ren pulled her closer and a smile creeped its way onto her lips. At this momment she realized, even with the two years she spent trying to forget him, she still loved him very much.

"_______-ah." Ren spoke with a melodic voice. " I need to tell you something." There was a slight shyness in his voice. "If I don't tell you now, I might not have the courage to later on." He gently pulled away from the hug, but still kept her close as he held her hands. He smiled cutely as his eyes sparkled with affection and sincerity.

"I love you."