05 Ren (Nu'est) Part Two

_______ was sitting in the class room staring blankly into space as thoughts clouded her mind. The same question replays in her head. Why did he leave me?

"_______-ah!" Hyeri snapped making _______ jot back to reality.

"Oh-Hyeri, when did you get here?" She ask.

"I've been here for a while now-but that's not the point." Hyeri sighed as she shook her head. Her expression soften and she smile.

"You're thinking about Ren aren't you." It came out more as a statement than a question. _______ nodded her head slowly.

"You all know about it didn't you? All except me." _______ said barely audible, referring to the question that she had been asking her self.

"I don't understand." _______ continued, "Why did he leave me?" Tears formed in her eyes.

Hyeri took _______'s hand, gently squeezing it. "He had a reason."

Reason?

_______'s eyes were full of curiosity and confusion. She found it strange that Ren suddenly had came crashing back into her life when he left without any warning. It was hard for her to comprehend the situation she was in.

"I love you." That's what Ren had told her that day. There was a mix of emotions that exploded in her when she had heard that. Confusion, angry, sadness... happiness.

" That reason..." _______ finally spoke, breaking the silence that had enveloped them.

"I'll tell you."

-

_______ watched as some of the male students from her class were having a soccer game. One of them was Ren, and her focus was fully on him. There was a glow of charisma as he laughed brightly everytime he got a goal. _______ hadn't realized her lips were curved up into a smile. There was one thing she really loved about him. The way his eyes crinkled up when he smiled brightens her day. It reminded her of their past, the memories they shared. She felt a sudden guilt when she remembered what Hyeri had told her earlier. Why hadn't she realized he was in pain under that smile of his?

-

Ren was famous around school for having such feminine features. Expecially blonde dyed hair, that caused people to mistaken him as a girl. _______ didn't really mind it though. In fact she liked how he stood out from the crowd, making him different from everyone else.

But little did she know, Ren had been gaining bullies throughout the school. Classmates that picked out his unique features that resembles a girl. The bullying continued without her knowing. Ren had done a great job keeping her out of it. Keeping her safe.

One of the bullies threaten him one day. It didn't please them how Ren was always around her. A lot of students in the school had grew fond of _______, her opened personality and friendly aura had the students adore her.

" If you don't want to hurt _______, you better leave." It wasn't a statement but rather a command. It was hinting the hatred the students had for him.

He was determined that night. He was going to transfer school. He couldn't protect the one he loved by her side so he's running away. "Coward." He had called himself.

He was broken and in pained. He hated himself for being so cowardly.

He blocked off his emotions and feelings, he swore he was going to change. He wore a cold expression everyday, that gave off an untouchable aura. That smile that only _______ knew of was no longer there, the smile was for her and her only. There was no reason to smile if she wasn't there.

-

"_______!" Someone suddenly called. Her eyes were still fixated on Ren. She blinked as a ball suddenly came rushing at her. The impact of the ball caused her to stumble into the ground. The sudden contact with the ground scraped her leg. A rush of pain made _______ wince.

"______ are you okay?" She looked up to find a concern Ren.

"N-ne."

_______ was surprised when Ren kneeled down and pick her up in his arms. She nervously wrapped her arms around his neck securing her.

Students that had stopped to watch the scene gasped in envy. It look like a scene out of a fairytale.

_______ hesitantly took a glance at him, and at the same time Ren looked down at her and they both share eye contact. His expression was soft and it comforted her.

Their past may have haunted them for years and left emotional scars that weren't fully heal. They may have possibility been lacking communication, that lead to mutual feeling that didn't come across each other. Maybe it was time to take chances.

"Have you fallen for me now?" Ren asked with a cheeky smile.

" Ani." _______ shook her head. Disappointment washed over Ren's face as his smile disappeared.

She gave him a loving smile as she continued, "I fell for you a long time ago." Ren blinked, as he process what he just heard and a smile tugged on his lips.