Confession

"baby girl whats wrong?" he said calmly.

"i dont like seeing my flower child  upset, it makes me upset" he continues as he rubs my back.

"Brantley please dont be mad" I whisper

" Daisy why would I be mad? please tell me, your scaring me." he said

" I haven't told you every bout my past." I whispered again.

"honey thats ok, what is it? whats making you this upset?" he said.

"what ever it is  I promise I wont be mad that you didnt tell me. I will always love you." he said as he kissed my cheek.

"you know everything about my past except for the reason it was that way. Well When I was 16, before Adam and I broke up, we had sex, and I umm..I got pregnant. Well one day he was trying to control me again. I ran from him and he chased me. I got to my car and drove away..thinking that I was safe" I said crying. Brantley rubs my back and tries to calm me down.

"honey, you dont have to continue if you dont think you can" he said.

"no I have to..I was trying to get away and I thought I was safe when a car came out of no where and hit me. " I was crying heavily again.

"I was in a coma for a week. I lost the baby. after that I moved in with my Granddaddy because my parents didnt seem to care or understand. I went into a depression and thats why I started using." I struggle to catch my breath as Brantley tries to console me.

I fall asleep in his arms while he tries to calm me down.