Two

Y/n's e/c orbs widen in surprise at the new revelation.
"So, y/n, will you go?" He asks, knowing full well she says yes.

"I mean...yeah but, why would I be chosen to be someone's soulmate?" She asks, averting her gaze to the floor.

"Because the universe willed the two of you to be the perfect match." Those words brought heat to her cheeks and ears, whether it was visible or not, she didn't know.

Y/n stood from her chair abruptly and put it back to its original place.
"When will I be going?" She asks clearly and McGonagall gives her an aghast look.

"I haven't even spoken to your parents-" Y/n cuts her off with a clap.

"Ok, then I guess we'll go there by flu powder when I'm finished packing." She says giddily before running off calling thanks to the headmistress.

Minerva looks at Albus, and sighs and the mischievous smile on his thin lips.
"Honestly..." She says, rubbing her temples. "She's a handful."
Albus chuckles airily and adjusts himself in his armchair.
"Yes, well, I've known her since 1942."
(If this confuses you, look for my comment and I'll have explained it)

Y/n comes running back into the office, her school trunk hovering a few inches off the floor behind her.
"I'm back-AH!" She yells, tripping over her own two feet and falling flat on her face. She pushes herself up to sit on her knees and whines. "Ow!"

Getting to her feet she rubs her nose, ignoring the portraits of past headmistresses and headmasters laughing at her. Her trunk taps down on the floor gently as she bounds over to the fireplace, grabbing a handful of green powder.

"12 Harlington Avenue, England!" She drops the flew powder into the fireplace, erupting into a flurry of green flames.

Y/n's stomach churns and her vision distorts as she travels through the flames. Y/n falls out of her fireplace into the familiar living room, scaring the fuck out of her parents.

"Y/n!" Her father yells.

"What are you doing here?" Her mother gasps, turning off her phone and placing it on the arm of the chair.
Y/n stumbles up, using the coffee table for support.
"I'm going to the 40s to meet my soulmate, gotta pack." She puffs out quickly.

Her mother and father nod.
"Oh, Okay." She runs out of the room and up the stairs to her bedroom. "Wait...WHAT?" Her parents yell simultaneously.

There was a loud POP signalling McGonagall had also arrived, most likely in a more elegant manner than y/n had though.

Pulling a trunk from under her bed she casts a charm on it, allowing her to put everything into it. Tearing through her closet she throws everything into the trunk. Slamming the lid closed and clasping it, she grabs the handle and tosses it down the stairs.

"YEET!" She yells, sliding down the bannister and grabbing the trunk again before barrelling into the living room.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Her mother asks in confusion.
"Did we say you could go?" She asks again. Y/n gives her the 'confused black girl' meme look.

"Did I fuccin ask?" Her mother gives the 'excuse me' look.

"You still can't go if we say no." Her father chimes in. Y/n looks at him and gives puppy eyes.

"You can go." He says, her mother slapping his shoulder.

"Yay!" Y/n cheers. "Let's go to Gringotts!" Y/n yells, nudging her trunk over to Minerva, she apparates to Gringotts.

"When did she learn to do that?!"

Y/n appears in the marble building after another queasy experience.
"I would like to enter my vault please!" She grins, standing on her tip-toes to give the Goblin her key.

"Very well." He says another Goblin waddles over to take her down to the vault.

Y/n yells and whoops loudly at they roll down the tracks.
"Lamp please." The troll squeaks. She grasps the lamp and climbs out of the kart to give him it. "Key please."
She hands him the key in exchange for the lamp and he opens the vault door.

The knuts, Galleons and Bolts were all in designated piles. Yes, she had taken the time to do that.
Grabbing a drawstring bag off a hook that has an extension charm on it, she fills it up with a large number of coins.

"That's me!" She grins and exits the vault, allowing the Troll to lock it again before they head back up.

When she got back into the main entrance of the bank she could see Minerva giving a stern glare and scolded her as she approached.

"Don't ever run off like that again!" She then proceeded to waltz out of the bank and into the street, heading for the fireplaces that were set up for transport.

As they weave through the crowds,
y/n caught sight of Harry Potter and his wife Ginny Potter/Weasley walking in opposite them, probably heading for Gringotts themselves.

Harry made eye contact with y/n and smiled at her, giving a small wave.
All she did was smile back but had to keep up with Minerva.

The Potters and the Weasleys were always oddly kind to her, George Weasley giving her discounts for his products and the children of the families treating her like you should treat a respected elder; Hermione Weasley, who was now minister of magic, always let her away with using magic out of school.

It always confused her, it was like they knew her personally but now everything was starting to...click, together for her.

Once they were back in the circular Headmistress's office at Hogwarts, she could see all of her stuff was already there. Minerva snatches something off her desk and put it around y/n's neck gently and stepped back.

Y/n looked down, seeing that the object was a time-turner, the little hourglass in the centre of a gold disk, engravings around the edge.

"Three turns should do it, you'll be in the hallway just outside the headmaster's office." Dumbledore winked at her, his amazing blue eyes full of mischief as she looked up at his portrait.

Y/n nods and grabs the little dial on the side of the necklace and turned it thrice before it started spinning on its own at an alarming speed.

Y/n quickly grabs hold of her trunk and gulps nervously, swallowing the lump in her throat.
"Bye!" She smiles, her vision becomes distorted like she was apparating but at a much grander scale.

Her vision soon comes back and she stumbles slightly. Looking at the ground, she drops her trunk and a letter sticking out of the side of her trunk.

Shaking away her nausea, she reaches down and pulls the creased envelope out with a bit of struggle.
Holding it in her left hand she reads the front of it: 𝒜𝓁𝒷𝓊𝓈 𝒟𝓊𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝒹𝑜𝓇𝑒
Was written in cursive letters on the white paper.

Huffing out a breath, she heads for the gargoyle statue and realises she has no idea what the password is.
"Fuck."