Thirteen

The world seemed to come to a standstill as Tom's warm breath hit her skin, sending goosebumps up her spine.
His fluffy hair tickled her face light as he loosened his grip on her tie and leaned away to smirk at her cherry-red face.

"Well..?" His voice had a hint of amusement in it as she stared blankly at the wall behind him, unsure how to reply.

She frowns, the blush creeping away as she reels back to sit normally, not halfway across a table.
"Why would I go on a date with you when I know your only intention is to milk answers from me?"

Tom looked momentarily surprised. Why would she agree? She knew his intentions, it wasn't hard to figure out.
He didn't say anything as they looked into each other's eyes, silent and unsure of what to say.

The sound of the trapdoor slamming open once more made them break eye contact as more and more students flooded into the room, along with the teacher as the lesson began.

Y/n sighed as she rubbed her face, the halls were dark, musky and empty as the chill breeze of the October air came through the open courtyard walls.
It was well past curfew, which obviously meant she wasn't supposed to be out but the urge to make pastries was just too strong.
So, as she made her way from the cosy kitchen toward the stairs that would lead her to the dungeon, tray of cookies in hand, she was careful to avoid prefects or patrolling teachers.

Once she made it into the common room she relaxed and made a beeline toward the girls' staircase.

"It's past curfew, L/n." She turned quickly to see Tom and his 'friends' all sitting on the sofas and armchairs.
"So what are you doing out of the common room?"
He made a waving motion with his hand and all of the others stood and went up the boys' stairs to their dormitories.

"I was doing nunya..." her voice was barely a whisper as she struggled to hide her smirk.

Please fall for it!!!

Tom gave a confused look, furrowing his brows together.
"What's 'nunya'?" A cheeky grin broke out onto y/n's lips as she spoke.

"NUNYA BUSINESS!" She was laughing her brains out, but Tom didn't look at all amused.

"One good reason I shouldn't give you detention?" Y/n stopped laughing and looked up, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Cause you wuv me?" The look of disgust on his face spoke a million words, to be honest.
"Ouch!" She fake whines, frowning dramatically. "That's kinda rude."

Tom stood up and walked closer, standing above her and looking down at her as she smiled.

He opened his mouth, about to declare that she was gonna have detention but he was halted by a shortbread biscuit being shoved into his mouth.

Y/n giggles at the stunned look on his face, it was comical, like something from a cartoon.
The cookie was hanging halfway out of his mouth, the other half being held by his teeth.

Smirking, y/n gets a sudden surge of confidence as she sets the tray on the table beside her.
Wrapping her free arm around the back of his neck she goes on her tippy-toes, pulling him down to meet her halfway.

She opens her mouth and bites off half of the cookie before letting go of him to happily eat the biscuit.
"Goodnight Tommy!" She scurries off you the girls' stairs, forgetting about the tray she had left behind.

After snapping out of his daze, he proceeds to eat the rest of the shortbread in his mouth.

Not bad. He tells himself as he grabs the tray and walking over to the armchair he previously sat on.