Ch2

Eddy and Brett both lounged around, not doing anything in particular. Eddy didn't want them to just do nothing.

"You wanna go out?"

Brett laughed, "What?"

"I meant like go outside, not whatever you were thinking." Eddy had no intent to sound like he was asking Brett out, and he knew that, but for some reason he was still embarrassed that Brett took it that way. "So, do you wanna?"

"Sure, bubble tea?" Brett suggested (of course, it really wasn't a suggestion, they always got bubble tea).

"What else?" Eddy laughed.

Brett smiled and went to go put his shoes on. Eddy grabbed his wallet and keys and followed Brett put on some shoes. The two headed out.

----------

Brett seemed a little out of it earlier, but now he seemed fine. Content, even. Eddy was glad. He hated to see the elder upset.

Brett took a long sip of his tea and smiled in content. Eddy felt that now it was the appropriate time to ask him about earlier.

"So practice not going well?"

Brett shrugged. "Dunno. I just didn't have the drive for it I guess."

Eddy hummed in response.

"How about you? I know you were really excited to learn that piece."

Eddy grinned. "Really well! I ran through it until I got a perfect run. It was hard but rewarding, I think."

Brett chuckled. "Ling Ling could've done it on the first try."

Eddy scoffed. "Yeah, and with one hand."

The two laughed for a bit about it, then calmed down.

"I've been feeling so lazy these days." Brett decided to relay.

Eddy didn't respond; his body tightened up, completely focused on Brett.

"I'm in, like, this funk I guess." He ran his hands through his hair.

Eddy frowned, then forced a smirk. "You need some inspiration."

"Yeah? Like what?"

Eddy made a sultry pose (well, as sultry as it could be in the seat he was in). "Me?" He said confidently.

Brett laughed. "Yeah, if I was a painter."

"Oh, so you'd paint me like a French girl?"

"Hell yeah, dude."

The duo burst out in laughter again.

"But if you're looking for a drive, Tiger Mom is always willing to help." Eddy smirked.

Brett groaned. "No, not Tiger Mom."

The younger chuckled evilly. "Oh, I'll do whatever it takes." There was a brief moment of silence. "Seriously, though, I can come over and practice with you so you don't miss your forty hours."

"We'll probably just end up fooling around, though." Brett sighed.

"Nah, nah, dude. We were-- are serious musicians. I'm sure we can go without distractions for 2 hours."

"Only two?" Yang raised an eyebrow.

"Baby steps. You said you were in a slump. Also I think two hours is about how long we could go before breaking."