Ch3

Eddy and Brett walked around the market like a couple...of BESTIES.

They had no shopping list but Eddy took it upon himself to shove whatever looked good into the shopping cart. Brett acted like a kid, his feet on the little rod just above the wheels and pushed off with one foot.

 Brett acted like a kid, his feet on the little rod just above the wheels and pushed off with one foot

(The first rod that starts the whole bottom part, idk what it's called but I'm calling it a 'rod')

"Wheeee." He droned monotonously.

Eddy chuckled. "I think this is good."

"We need bread."

"Fuck."

Brett laughed. How could Eddy forget something so simple? Well, then again, they had only looked in the fridge and he didn't keep his bread there.

"Here," Eddy placed two loaves of bread in the cart, making sure not to squish them.

"Yay we can leave." Brett stepped off the the rod and onto the ground.

"You're such a child, hanging on the bottom of a cart like that." Eddy mused. "And you've got the height to match."

Brett scoffed. "Excuse me? Though I may act childish, I'm still an adult and your senpai."

"Forgive me senpai." Eddy bowed, snickering.

"You are forgiven."

Eddy and Brett were walking to Eddy's car when suddenly Eddy grinned. "You know what would be a great idea for a video..."

---------

Brett shut off the camera and smiled at it. Another (hopefully monetized) video, another paycheck. It wasn't just for the money, though, it was to have fun and show the world music and their love for it.

YouTube was something Brett and Eddy (BAE) loved doing, especially since they got to play their violins while doing it.

Eddy put his violin back in its case and glanced at Brett, who was putting away the equipment.

Brett looked so good, doing the simple task, and Eddy couldn't take his eyes away.

The loud clamp of Brett's violin case snapped Eddy out of his trance.

"Are you leaving?" Eddy asked. Usually they lounged around a bit.

"Yeah, figured I'd go rest for a bit. Not feelin too well." Brett shrugged.

Eddy frowned. "Are you coming down with something?"

"Geez, mom, I'm fine. I'm a big boy now, I can handle myself."

Eddy huffed. "Yah, your mama cares about you."

Brett chuckled. "I'll be fine, Eddy."

Eddy's face evened out. "Alright, but text me if you need anything."

Brett nodded, a small smile danced on his lips. Eddy saw him out and made sure Brett was safe (like a good friend). He was really starting to worry.

-------

Eddy woke up the next day and felt something was amiss. He started his normal daily routine and lazily made himself some breakfast.

He spent most of the day watching YouTube and playing some video games. Somewhere in between playing video games and being totally bored, he realized that playing would be much more fun with Brett there.

Eddy reached for his phone and dialed his friend's number.

Ring...ring...rin--

"Hello?"

"Why do you sound like you just got up?"

Brett yawned. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

Eddy exhaled through his nose. "Well, if you are awake, did you want to come over and play some video games with me?"

"Oh yeah, sure." Brett nodded (but Eddy couldn't see that through his phone).

Eddy smiled on his end. "Ok, make sure to eat something before you come over. We just bought all that food, don't let it go to waste."

"Ok moooom."

Chen rolled his eyes. "Just do what you're told."

Half an hour later, Brett showed up at Eddy's door and the younger let him in.

"What we playin?" Brett asked.

"You mean what I'm playin." Eddy smirked. "I'm in the middle of a game right now, one-player. We can take turns, though."

Brett hummed in response and sunk into the sofa. He watched his younger friend play his game intently. He admired how into it Eddy was and a smile danced on his lips.

His eyes glazed over Eddy's face and studied it slowly. It was so, so perfect. Eddy's eyes glimmered as they pierced his own.

"Brett? Bretty? Brettybrett?" Eddy slapped Brett's leg to get his attention.

Brett snapped out of his haze and blinked rapidly. "Huh--yeah?"

"It's your turn." Chen proclaimed. "Or do not want to play?"

"No, no, I want to." Brett reached out his hand for the controller. "And did you just call me that stupid nickname again?"

Eddy chuckled. "Maybeee."

Yang huffed and focused himself on the game. Brettybrett... what a dumb pet name. Then again...it doesn't sound so bad when Eddy says it.

"Ah, dude! Hurry up or you're gonna die!"

"Ah!"

"Fuck fuck fuck!"

"Oh my God--"

"Awwww..."

The two slumped back into the sofa, defeated.

"Damn, Brett, you really gave it a run for its money." Eddy complimented.

Brett chuckled. "Thanks, but I'm nowhere near as good as you." He turned to face his friend, studying his face again.

Eddy didn't seem to notice Yang's blatant stares. "I bet we could do better next time."

"Yeah, probably..." Brett shifted himself, feeling awkward all of the sudden.

"Hey, wanna go practice?" Eddy asked, shutting off his console.

"Didn't bring my violin." Brett replied. "You could show me that piano piece you learned, though."

Eddy gasped, he had forgot about that! "Yeah! C'mon, lemme show you!" He got up from the sofa excitedly and Brett followed, a smile invading his face yet again.

(A/N: next up, our little Brettybrett has an epiphany)