Ch5

(A/N: OH MY GOSH I ACCIDENTALLY UPLOADED THIS CHAPTER UNFINISHED PFFPTTF)

Brett awoke the next morning absolutely disgusted with himself, for several reasons.

The first made him sick to mention. One could brush it off as a simple male thing, but Brett detested the fact that it had sprung from his dream-- his dream about Eddy. He got excited, and he hated it.

The next, the fact that he even dreamed about Eddy in the first place. Eddy was pure, but Yang's mind went to such a dirty place.

Brett tried to calm himself down and bring it down but along the way he looked in the mirror and saw a being he was starting to grow to dislike.

Look at you, Brettybang, just take a good look. Who the fuck do you think you are? You fell in love with Eddy Chen and you expect that to go anywhere? You're not deserving.

Brett looked down...Well, at least the voice solved one problem.

Brett's hands clenched the bathroom sink and he trembled silently.

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

He knew he wasn't good enough, he knew, but couldn't he hope for this? Couldn't he at least aspire to be...something more...with Eddy?

Brett's body finally started to calm down and he splashed water on his face. He dried off and put on his glasses again, being able to see himself.

"I really need some face wash." He grumbled. "Should've bought some at the store with Eddy."

The mention of the taller one's name made an image of him appear in Yang's mind.

Eddy playing the violin so sweetly for him...

Brett bit his lip unconsciously and took out his phone.

Me
Wanna get coffee?

Eddy
[Typing...]

Somehow that made Brett incredibly nervous.

Eddy
Just woke up, give me a sec
I need to take a shower 🤮

Brett's heart melted. Eddy was just so cute. How had Brett not seen his love for him sooner?

An hour later Eddy rolled up in his car and honked for Brett.

"You could've texted or, y'know, walked up to the door." Brett stated as he got into the passenger seat.

"Yeah, but what's the fun in that?"

"Well you probably scared all the neighbors with your honking." Brett snorted.

"I only honked twice!"

"Two too many."

The two (set) laughed together and Eddy started driving.

Brett relaxed in his seat and his eyes shifted to Eddy.

"So, how you feelin?"

Brett was caught off guard by that question.

"Uh-- fine?"

"Was that a question or an answer?" Eddy's eyes flickered to his friend for a second.

"Yes."

Chen chuckled. "Alright then." The car came to a slow stop. "Get the fuck out."

Brett's eyes widened for a second but he quickly calmed. "Dude you actually scared me."

Eddy laughed again as they unbuckled.  They had arrived at the coffee shop.

(A/N: sorry it's short, I'll do better next time probably)