Ch14

[A/N: I forgot I was allowed to curse. Well, I don't in this chapter I think.]

Eddy blew a sour note on his recorder. "Perfect."

Brett snorted. "What, your playing? That's nothing compared to professional recorder players."

"Oh, Bretty, this is how all recorders sound. Haven't we been over this?" A smirk adorned the younger's lips and Brett exhaled through his nose.

Cute.

"Well, I hope you're better at sight reading than you are playing the recorder."

"You know I am."

Eddy found himself quite enjoying their quick back and forth quips that somehow accumulated into a conversation. Brett seemed to be a bit more joyful this morning and Eddy was grateful for that. Of course, he still planned to confront his friend about his concerns, but for now he just wanted to relish the moment.

Brett's smile was all he could wish for recently.

Despite popular belief, Brett was actually a very goofy man, full of energy and laughter. Most fans could point that out, but it wasn't a huge discussion point within their fandom, it seemed.

Eddy liked that about Brett. He liked a lot of things about him. They were best friends, after all. And, as his best friend Eddy wanted to see Brett happy.

They got through another silly video and Eddy was a bit nervous to bring up his concerns.

"Uh-- I was talking to Ray the other day." He tried to start casually.

"Oh yeah? How is he? I've seen his tiktoks but I haven't been really keeping up with him lately."

The corner of Eddy's lips twitched in a slight smile. "He's good. We um..."

Brett's gaze fell upon the younger violinist. "You what? Are you ok?" He tilted his head ever so slightly and Eddy felt something he thought he long got rid of.

"Well, I wanted to know if you've been ok. You just-- haven't been yourself lately? I've known you long enough to notice when things go bad and I know you said a while ago that you were in a funk but I feel like there's something else you aren't telling me. You don't have to, of course, but it seems to be really bothering you and I don't want to see you upset."

Brett stared at his b̶o̶y̶f̶  best friend, eyes glossy.

A tear shed down his face.

"Brett?!"

-------------------------

"I- I'm sorry Eddy."

"No, it's ok."

"I don't know what's wrong with me."

"You'll be ok."

Brett sniffed. "I think I need help."

"I'll be with you the whole way, ok? I love you, bro."

"I love you too."

[A/N: Are we close to the end? Probably. Also, did you see it? Is Eddy hiding something? Find out on the next episode of Dragon...Ball...Z!]