Chapter 2

A/N: Sorry for not uploading in a while. I needed to take a break for a few different reasons. School started getting in the way of my writing, so, I had to take a break. I've finally finished my exams, in which, I now have time to work on my stories. Uh, yeah, here's the thing... I absolutely dread writing prologues. For some of my new stories, I'm kind of stuck on the prologues. It's okay. I just need some time. For now, enjoy my stories!

“Follow me this way, please.”

I follow the girl through the ship. She shows me around the ship on our way to my room.

“You look awfully like someone aboard this ship. Actually, they should be in the ship right now, though, he couldn’t help but chase after Gareki, like always,” she speaks in a soft tone.

I smile sheepishly as I hold my arm close to my side.

“Uh, what may his name be,” I question nervously.

The girl comes to a stop as we approach one of the doors on the side of a hallway.

“His name is Nai. I find it ironic that your name is Kai and you look quite identical to him. Makes me wonder if you two have any relation,” she answers.

I look at her curiously. “Interesting. Um, and may I get your name as well, Miss,” I ask softly.

The girl smiles as she opens the door. “My name’s Tsukumo. Lovely to meet you, Kai,” she says softly.

I bow to her as I say, “You as well.”

I walk into the room after her as she then states, “This is where you’ll stay. You may rest here until the doctor is ready for you. I’ll have someone fetch you later.”

I nod as I take a seat on the bench.

“T-thank you, Tsukumo. I appreciate your help,” I speak nervously once again.

She flashes me a small smile as she nods.

“Of course. It’s what I try to do. And try to relax. You’re safe now. Besides, you don't have be nervous around me,” she speaks gently, trying to calm me.

I smile as I give her a nod. Tsukumo leaves the room as she waves to me. I glance out the window as I lean against the wall. I see a glow coming from the forest.

Must be the Varuga dissolving into thin air. I sigh as I get up from the bench to look around the room. Oh, looks like this is someone’s room. The drawers are full and the bed is neatly made with a bunch of stuffed animals gathered in the corner.

It’s quite a big room. Makes me wonder who’s staying here. I continue to look around until I come across a
journal with the name, 'Yogi' on the front cover. That’s the same name from earlier.

Is that the blonde’s name? Hmm, curiouser and curiouser. I still can’t believe I’m dealing with Circus now. I try my damnedest not to get involved. If I didn’t attract Varugas so much, maybe I wouldn’t be here. Better yet, if I could defend myself from Varugas, then I wouldn’t be here.

Damn it! This pisses me off! I want to leave. I open the door and step into the hallway only to be approached by a sheep. I tilt my head as I look down at it. I shake my head as I continue walking.

“No leaving,” the sheep begins too repeat in a robotic voice.

I sigh softly as I become annoyed with the sheep. The chant becomes louder as I then turn around to see about 20 of them behind me. They pick me up only to carry me down the hall. I give up as I’m too exhausted to do anything about them.

“Oh, there you are, Kai. The doctor’s ready for you,” Tsukumo states as she had just shown up out of nowhere.

The sheep put me down as she had commanded them to. Tsukumo leads me to the other side of the ship to a doctor’s office. Once we walk in, I see
the blonde guy from earlier. He’s laying down on the bed with a patch on his cheek and some bandages over his arms.

It looks as if he’s sleeping. He’s quite cute. From this angle, he looks like a sleeping angel.

“Please take a seat over there. The doctor has to take care of him first, then he’ll be right with you. I’ll be around if you need me,” Tsukumo states.

I nod as she then walks out. The blonde swiftly sits up and approaches the window only to open it.

“You idiot! You’re injured! Get back in bed,” someone yells from a distance.

I jump a bit as that person had startled me.

The blonde throws his leg over the ledge of the window as he exclaims nervously, “N-no! Stay away!”

A man in a white lab coat with pink hair runs over to the window only to pull the blonde by his shirt and throw him onto the bed.

“What’s your damn problem with
me, eh?! I’m just doing my job! I’ve got to give you a couple shots, that’s it,” the man in the coat exclaims angrily as the blonde trembles with fear on the bed beside me.

I cross my legs as I get comfortable while watching the action. My movement must’ve made the doctor realize that I was in the room as well.

“Ah, there’s my other patient. I take it you’re the one they scrounged up moments ago,” the doctor questions.

I shrug as I say, “Yeah, but you don’t have to make it sound like I was just some mopey bum living on the streets. Goodness.”

The doctor’s eye twitches as he’s clearly agitated with me already. I smirk as I glance up at him.

“Oooh, did I strike a nerve, Pinky,” I question teasingly.

The doctor turns his hands into fists as he holds himself back from practically killing me.

“Yogi, I’ll take care of you over there. Away from this brat,” the doctor states in an irritated tone.

The blonde, whom he called Yogi, gets up from the bed as he glances over at me.

“Hey, how you feeling after that attack? You weren’t too scared, were you,” he questions softly.

I look up at him as he turns to me and crouches down before me.

“I, uh, I’m fine. And of course I wasn’t scared. Varuga chase me all the time. I’m too used to it to be scared anymore,” I state nervously.

The blonde smiles as he tilts his head. His smile is sweet and genuine. I can tell he's definitely a kind person and someone I may be able to trust.

“I’m glad to hear that. All besides you being targeted. Just, don’t worry, you’re safe now. I’ll protect you from now on, as long as you stay with us. Oh, I’m Yogi, by the way. Circus Second Ship's Fighter. What’s
your name,” he speaks gently.

His voice is soft and sweet.

“Um, My name’s Kai. Pleasure to meet you, sir,” I say nervously.

Yogi smiles brightly as he grabs my hand.

“The pleasure’s all mine, Kai,” he says happily.

I giggle softly as he kisses the back of my hand. The doctor scoffs as he folds his arms.

“Wow, so it’s just me she’s not so nice with. Lovely. Now I understand why
you two are getting along so well,” the doctor states sarcastically as he walks off.