Chapter 8

"Night, Kai. Sleep well," Yogi says before walking out.

Wow, this has been one hectic night, I think to myself. I change into some spare pajamas they gave me. They're quite comfy. Short shorts and a long t-shirt, which is loose and hangs over my shoulder. I crawl onto the bottom bunk bed after turning off the lights, then I slowly drift off to sleep. I wake up to the morning sun glaring in my face.

I sigh softly as I then turn over, hoping I can get a bit more shut eye. Right as I'm dozing off again, there's a knock at my door. I sigh with frustration as I sit up.

"Come in," I speak solemnly.

Suddenly, my door swings open revealing a cheerful Yogi, already dressed and ready for the day. I shake my head as I then lay back down, covering myself with the blanket.

"Oh, come on, Kai! You don't want to miss breakfast," Yogi exclaims playfully.

I wave him away, though, I hear his footsteps approach the side of my bed. Suddenly, he tickles my side, making me laugh softly. I swiftly push his hand away as I catch my breath.

"Don't do that," I mumble angrily.

Yogi was taken aback by my statement, yet, he apparently wasn't phased by it enough. He begins to tickle both of my sides, causing me to lay on my back, squirming around as I laugh hysterically. Yogi laughs along as he's happy to see me laugh. I try to grab his hands and after many attempts, I finally grab one of his wrists to slow him down.

While he was distracted by my action, I swiftly grab his other wrist to force him to stop. Yogi looks dumbfounded as he stares at me, though, his gaze soon softens as he smiled softly.

"It was nice to see you laugh like that," he comments.

I pull his wrists closer only to turn them over before cupping his hands in mine. I simply look down at his palms while running my thumbs over the lines on his hands.

"Thanks for waking me up and making me laugh. I'm sorry I was being uptight about it," I speak softly as I keep my head down.

Yogi gently pulls his hands away, only to then touch the side of my face. He rubs his thumb over my cheek as he gazes into my eyes.

"You still seem tired. How about you get changed and I'll bring breakfast to your room. After you're finished eating, you can take a nap. Once you wake up, you and Nai can meet. By then, hopefully the Doc will give us the results," Yogi suggests.

I give him a nod, then I lean into his touch as I close my eyes. Without even realizing it, he was practically petting me and I enjoyed it! He soon plays with my hair, which only makes me feel even more sleepy than I was before.

"You're so cute," Yogi speaks softly as he ruffles my hair.

I slowly open my eyes to glance up at him. Yogi smiles happily as he looks down at me. I swiftly pull away as I realize what was happening.

"Um, I'm s-so sorry," I speak shyly feeling utterly embarrassed.

He blushes lightly as he looks away feeling embarrassed as well.

"N-No, it's my fault! Sorry about that," he apologizes swiftly.

We glance back over at one another, then we begin to smile softly before laughing again.

"It wasn't your fault. Besides, I don't mind. It felt kind of nice," I whisper softly as I look down, letting my hands rest in my lap.

Yogi ruffles my hair as he takes his stand.

"That's sweet, Kai. Maybe when I return, I may stay for a bit longer, as long as no one has a job for me," Yogi states softly as he approaches the door.

I smile gently as I feel my cheeks flush with pink while I nod my head.

"Sure, I'd like that." Yogi takes his leave and soon after, I get up to find a purple dress laying on the desk where my pajamas laid last night.

I approach the desk only to grab the dress to examine it. As I strip down, I hear a knock on my door, in which, I panic as I throw on the dress swiftly.

"Come in," I call out.

Suddenly, the door opens only to reveal Gareki, dressed and ready for the day as well.

"Uh, bad time," he questions unsurely.

I giggle nervously as I rub the back of my neck.

"Yeah, kind of. I was in the middle of getting dressed. Anyway, what's up," I speak in a sheepish tone.

Gareki rubs the back of his neck nervously as he looks away.

"Well, Nai really wants to meet you and he sent me to ask what time you wanted to meet up," Gareki explains.

I hold my arm close to my side as I contemplate.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. You'll have to ask Yogi, since he's the one who's been handling my schedule," I answer honestly.

Gareki shoves his hand in his pocket as he shrugs.

"Alright, where's Yogi," he asks blatantly.

Before I answer, we hear footsteps in the hall, then Gareki peeks through the doorway only to then sigh frustratedly.

"What the hell do you want," Gareki questions angrily.

I approach the doorway, causing him to back up as I peek around the corner to find Doctor Akari. I smile softly as I tilt my head while meeting his cold gaze. His gaze soon softened after meeting mine, then he smirks ever so softly.

"Morning. I came to fetch you. I need to take a few more tests to receive the final results. Have you eaten yet," Akari states in his usual monotone voice before questioning me.

I shake my head as I look down. Akari grabs my wrist to pull me past Gareki and into the hall. He scoffs as he shakes his head.

"Finish changing, I'll meet you out here," Akari orders.

I sigh softly as I turn around to walk back into my room.

Author's Note: Hello, lovelies! Long time, no upload! My phone battery corrupted and it took forever for my new phone battery to come in, plus, with the holidays, I've kept myself quite busy! But it's 2020, baby! We finally made it! I'll be uploading more often and uploading more sketches as well as new chapters and stories! Yes, there will be plenty of new stories to come this year, but I'll also be trying to complete a few stories as well. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love you all and thank you so much for you support. 🧡