Chapter 23

The next few days, I was forced to bed rest by Akari, which meant that I could finally return to my room, but either Gareki, Yogi, Nai, or Tsukumo were with me to keep me company. I know on the fourth day, Tsukitachi stopped by to go over some more training with me and to give me some company as well. I swear though, Yogi was with me almost every chance he got, which means, Nai wasn't with me nearly as much.

I also just realized that Nai hasn't stopped by to see Karoku for a little while. I bet he's relieved, though, I can sense just how badly Karoku wants to see me. As the fourth day for my bed rest is nearing to an end, Hirato and Akari stop by my room around dinner time.

Akari brings over a tray of food for me as he says, "Seems Yogi was on his way here with your tray, though, I insisted I take it to you since we needed to stop by. Oh, and as far as tomorrow goes, Hirato will heal you completely and you'll continue training. From now on, you'll be training as much as possible while Hirato will heal your wounds."

Hirato gives me a nod before adding, "Yes, he's exactly right. The past few days have been to give you a break, as well as giving you time to spend with your friends and family. Now that your little vacation is up, you'll be training five days a week. This is to help you become a member faster. True, you slaughtered a Varuga, though, you did so without proper training, which only requires you to practice more. I'm glad to know you can work as a team because that's exactly what Circus is all about."

I nod my head in agreement to everything that's been said.

"Okay, very well. Thank you for giving me some leisure, I appreciate it. It's been nice spending time with everyone. Also, I'll be more careful next time when I'm up against Jiki and Kiichi. They're really tough fighters and don't give up easily. Before I spar with those two again, I'd like to continue sparring with Tsukitachi, or maybe I can try Yogi and Tsukumo. Either way, I need to build up experience," I speak sincerely before informing them of what I'd like to do.

Hirato nods as he smirks softly.

"Sounds good to me. I'll discuss that with Tsukumo and Yogi shortly. I think it will be quite a mental challenge for you. It will help you learn not to let your emotions get in the way. We've experienced many problems like such in the past and it only causes us more trouble. Now, seems as though things have been sorted out and we have a plan. Thank you for your time, Kai. See you tomorrow," Hirato speaks in more of a nonchalant tone.

As Hirato takes his leave, he heals me, causing my wounds to disappear all at once. I glance up at Akari only to find him glaring at me, almost as if trying to figure something out.

"Goodnight, Kai," Akari states in his usual monotone voice before taking his leave.

I give him a nod before he closes my door behind him. Huh, I'm shocked Hirato decided not to wait to heal me. I'm grateful because those wounds really affected me. Shortly after Hirato and Akari take their leave, Yogi soon barges into my room before swiftly closing the door behind him.

"You're going to fight Jiki and Kiichi again," Yogi exclaims in a concerned manner.

I sigh in annoyance before laying back on my bed.

"Yogi, I'll be training with Tsukitachi, you, and Tsukumo, until I feel I'm ready to battle Jiki and Kiichi. Didn't Hirato inform you of that," I inform him before questioning for clarification.

He shakes his head before sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware. Then again, I may have spaced out after Hirato informed me of you being able to spar again by tomorrow. I'm well aware he was still talking to me after that, though, I assumed it wasn't anything important. I was too focused on replaying how badly you were injured," Yogi explains to me in a solemn tone.

I shake my head before giving up and patting on the bed space beside me.

"It's alright, I understand. Now, I'm going to eat, so, how about we watch a movie for a while," I speak softly before sitting up once more.

Yogi smiles gladly as he crawls across the bed to lay beside me. I begin eating as Yogi turns on a movie, though, we kept the volume low as we'd talk over the movie at times. After I've finished eating dinner, Yogi gladly took my tray into the kitchen to me as I get out of bed to freshen up before calling it a night.

I slip into a long pink shirt, some panties, and short shorts before crawling back into bed only to lay down once again. Merely twenty minutes pass before Yogi returns to my room only to approach my bedside as he now wears pajamas.

"What're you standing there for? Come on now, let's get some rest. Unless you'd rather sleep in your room tonight," I speak softly before then teasing him with the last sentence I spoke.

Yogi smiles happily before plopping down beside me and onto his stomach. I giggle softly at his actions before shaking my head and turning on my side to face him. Yogi turns his head to look at me, our gazes locking on one another.

"I know I haven't spoken much of that night, though, you did a great job on slaying that Varuga. Especially since you did so without proper training. I believe at this rate, you should take my place," Yogi praises me before making a joke, though, deep down, he's serious.

I shake my head as I smile at his joke.

"Oh, please. Yogi, I'll never be able to take your place, nor would I, even if I had the chance. I think you're a strong fighter and you make a wonderful protector as well. I don't want to take that from you. I do appreciate the compliment, though, I don't believe I did a good job. I was foolish for taking charge and just jumping in without thinking, but what's been done is done," I speak nonchalantly as I close my eyes.

Yogi sits up only to look down at me as he sits on his knees.

"That's sweet, Kai. And you know, you're right. What you did may have been foolish, though, you did the right thing. That's all that matters," Yogi speaks sincerely as he then tilts his head downward.

I sit up on my knees beside Yogi before ruffling his hair lightly.

"Thanks, Yogi," I speak softly before wrapping my arms around his torso, holding him close.

He seemed kind of shocked I hugged him, though, before I know it, he gives in by embracing me in his arms. I smile gently as I melt by his warm touch. We just kind of stayed there for a few minutes, simply holding one another.

Before long, I slowly push him away as I whisper, "We should get to bed. After all, we'll be sparring tomorrow, won't we?"