Part 11- Finding out something new

"So did you guys have a good date?" Pattie asks, bringing in the shopping. I stare at her questioningly, when Justin bounces into the room. He sits next to me and place's his arm over my shoulder, before kissing the side of my head.

"Yeah Mom. It was great."

Pattie walks into the kitchen, to put the food away. I turn my head slightly to look at Justin.

"What was that about?"

"She doesn't know about what happened with Jason. She thinks he is still with my dad, so I obviously couldn't talk about the Jason thing. She thinks we just went on a date and came home late. Only Kenny knows." He explains, his concentrated look, turning to a smile. I nod slowly, smiling weakly at him.

"Ok."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"Trust me. It is all going to be okay. Promise." He whispers, staring me in the eyes. His soft, brown eyes painted swirls in my head and I smiled. He kisses me softly, placing his hands on my hips. Pattie walks back into the room and her eyes light up .

"Sorry. Didn't mean to disturb you." She laughed.

"It's okay Mom."

I nod, snuggling closer to Justin. He wraps both of his arms around my waist, smiling.

"What are you guys thinking of doing today?" Pattie asks, staring at us both. "I mean, you have a day of Justin."

Justin's eyes brighten up and he smiles fully.

"I have a good idea."

I stare at him confused. He laughs at my face, drawing circles on my hips.

"We are going to go to the beach." He exclaims excitedly. He moves closer to my ear and whispers so his Mom can't hear. "And teach you how to swim."

I stare at him wide eyed and shake my head vigorously.

"No Justin, I can't."

Pattie smiles in wonder.

"You can't go to the beach?"

I stare at her, then to Justin with a acomplished smile on his face. He had me beat. I let out a deep sigh.

"Fine I'll go to the beach."

******

"Come on Mel!" Justin laughs, grabbing a tight grip on my hand. We run down the beach, stopping at the ocean. I stare worriedly at the waves, as they crash down onto the rocks ashore.

"Justin, I don't think this is a good idea." I announce, fumbling on my feet.

"Come on Mel. You can't back out now." 

I stare into Justin's bright brown eyes, then back to the waves. I ponder for a moment, before looking back at Justin again.

"Okay. I'm ready."

A smile curls on his lips and he wraps me in a tight hug.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go." He chuckles, pulling me closer. We walk over the the ocean, until I could feel the water lashing out on my bare toes. I giggle, as the water flows in between my toes.

"The ocean even wants you." Justin grins, walking us deeper.  I shiver as the cold water, comes in contact with my body. Justin places his arms around my waist, his grip tightening on me, as we indulged deeper into the musky water. Before I can process what is happening, Justin starts splashing me enthusiastically. I gasp, as the water hits me in the face. I splash him back, laughing, when he tries to defend himself with his hands.