Three

3

     I'm not a believer of fates and coincidences. I'd rather agree that there's always a reason why things happen.

     I'm the type of person who likes to dig deeper, to prove, to find an answer rather than simply say that things are only a result of some sort of magical force.

     Life, as we know it, is a series of inevitable events.

     Everything is connected. Related. Chained. Linked.

     We create choices and decisions in our past that eventually affect our present even our future.

     This can all be explained by the 'domino effect', one wrong move and everything will follow.

     All is part of one, big sequence.

     And just like a domino, our lives are composed of blocks that we're trying to collect as we keep moving forward.

    We only stop when we make mistakes and that's also when everything starts to topple or shatter into pieces.

    One by one until the very end of the stack falls.

    That's what life keeps doing to us. It keeps stealing our blocks... demolishing whatever we've started.

     It will never stop tormenting us even if we only have a single block left.  It will never shun us until we’re all bare and empty.

     That leaves us with only one choice collects our blocks again and come back to zero.

     Lucky for you, if you have the guts to do it all over again because some just accept their downfall and don't want to keep going anymore.  Burning any dominos left along with hope.

     I don't know a single thing right now. I don't know how many blocks did I collect? How far did I go? Or how many am I left? Or perhaps... there's nothing even left for me.

     But one thing is certain; I've already toppled and made a mistake. And now, I'm kind of lost in the middle.

     I couldn't seem to connect all of what happened to me ever since the other day. It's like theres no pattern or logic behind it. Everything is so random, so unexpected.

     I feel like I had been induced into a deep sleep and when I woke up...

     Boom! I am where I am right now. My life just passed me by so fast without me noticing a single thing.

    That guy— that guy from the library.

     He's the random thing, the unexpected. Maybe I could have sorted it all out by now, if he didn't appear one of a sudden.

     He made everything more confusing. He added another puzzle piece and now I don't know where to put him. I don't know where he fits.

     He even insisted that I should read the book myself. He borrowed it from the library and gave it to me in the end before I could even have a say.

     I'm a bit hesitant about the whole idea. I mean, aside from there's too much going on with my life right now, he's still a stranger for Gods sake!

     And up until now he still is.

     We parted ways without having any introductions at all. We certainly don't know each other's name.

     Somehow we just initiated a conversation and started talking, and then everything followed after that. Maybe this is where I try to collect my dominos again, but there is still a void in between.