Chapter 10

Double update as a compensation for the delay.

It's been a week since Raghu left for his work. Meanwhile Chaachi with her fake sweetness made Gauri to work in kitchen and she got into an art gallery as part time job along with her college studies. For her love for art she was able to ace in her job and her manager was impressed with her ability.

It was weekend and Omkara decided to pay a visit to his little bunny . Omkara drove his car to Bareily. He had lot of memories with his Bunny all those were running in his mind which brought a smile to his lips.

He reached Bareily . He got down from his Car which was parked by roadside . He decided to walk a little .
Something caught Omkara's eyes .A girl was running behind a cow . Finally she managed to catch him by the rope . It's then he noticed who the girl was .

" Bunny " ...

Due to unexpected voice she jerked and left the rope which resulted in freeing the cow. Suddenly she caught the rope aware of situation. She felt his hands above her which brought shivers in her body. She lowered her gaze.

Omkara noticed Gauri. She had lost her chubbiness . Tiredness around her eyes. The bubbly Gauri was missing.

" How are you Bunny?" He lovingly caught her chin. She gripped the rope . Still lowering her gaze she answered

" M good. How are you?"

They started moving towards her Chaachi's house.

People started muttering in low voice.

Soon they reached house. Mandagini who finished her food came out from house to witness Gauri talking to a man and coming. When she realized that it's Omkara she started getting irritated.

" Gauri beta. Come inside. Who is this gentleman? " She asked putting an act that she doesn't know him.

" Chaachi , this is Omkaraji. Dad's boss's son." Gauri answered.

" No Aunty. I'm Gauri's Friend. Right Gauri?" Omkara asked Gauri.

" Dekho beta. Bura mat mano... but this is village. Here if you tell you are her friend then everyone will talk ill about her. " Chaachi told him.

" Aunty I never thought of that. I just thought of visiting her. "

" How is your college going Gauri?" He asked Gauri who just finished tying the Cow in the shed.

" Good." He was confused the Gauri who would not stop talking for a minute is giving one word answers to him. She is not the same old Gauri.

Gauri entered the kitchen to bring refreshments for him.

" Arein beta what to say . We are not able to meet the two ends properly. With difficulty we are sending her to college. Earlier when Raj bhaiyya was alive he used to take care of the expenses. But now nobody is there." Chaachi started playing poverty drama.

Omkara felt bad for his bunny. He took his checkbook and wrote an amount of 1 lakh and he gave it to Chaachi.

" Don't feel bad . It's for Raj Maamu. He was like a family member for me. His family is like my family only. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything. "

Chaachi's eyes were gleaming with joy. But she cleverly hide it when Omkara looked at her. Chaachi kept the check safely in her drawer.

Meanwhile Gauri came back from kitchen and brought the tray of refreshments to him.

The pakoras remind him of their old good time they had a month ago. He held her hands and made her sit next to him and he fed her some pakoras to her.

" Take care Bunny . I will be back soon. " Omkara told her .

He drove back to his house with Gauri's thought filled in his mind.

Gauri entered her room and took out the drawing which both of them drew for her college project ( Nature as a mother theme. Hope you remember)
She caressed it gently. Tears fell down from her eyes.
Slowly she drifted to sleep so that she could wake up and fight with her life that's upcoming.
—————-

Gauri got busy with her studies , household and her part time job.

One day she had a customer in her art gallery. She was explaining the theme of the painting and how much it costed.

Everyone was intimidated by him. Everyone kept distance from him. Gauri who is unaware continued explaining the arts .

" You also look like a painting. How much do you cost?" He asked making her shock. She took a step back. She was shivering and felt disgusted by his look.

" Look here when I am talking. "

" Ji , please forgive me. I can't take this kind of joke."

" Who told you I was joking ? Tell me your cost and be mine."

" Noo.. " She ran away from there in fear.

" Aye... " the man called the manager.

" Kali Thakur ji " Manager called with fear.

" Give me the girl's detail."

Manager out of fear gave him the details .
————-
Gauri ran to her house and locked herself in her room.

" Isse kya hua?? " Chaachi was confused with her behavior.

" Gauri , beta.. what happened?" Chaachi asked her .

" Nothing Chaachi . I feel head ache. I want to take rest."
Chaachi left from there . She is not bothered about her well being . Whatever she needs money.

" What just happened? I don't want to meet that man again. I am so scared. Whom will I contact ? Chaacha has left for job . Chaachi is sick and that man looks so scary . I have nobody . " she started weeping.  She slept through.