Chapter 12

" Gauri.... " Chaachi called her with her everyday helpless tone.

" Haan Chaachiji " Gauri who was tired from her work answered her .

" Dear .... the money that we are having is not enough now. It's getting almost over and pending from shops are increasing."

" Ohh ... Chaachi.. I never know it . I will look for one more job in weekends too."

" My dear .. how long will you suffer with all these part time jobs. Today I met a man with golden heart . He was looking for a secretary that too as part time . He is ready to give huge amount as salary. Dear can you accept this offer?"  Chaachiji adjusted Gauri's hair lovingly.

" Chaachiji... but how can I be qualified for this job ? I am still studying. I don't have experience in working as a secretary. Then how will I get the job there ?" Gauri asked Chaachiji while arranging her books back to the shelf.

Chaachiji took the books from Gauri's hands and herself arranged it on the shelf.

" Dear there is no harm in applying for the job right? Who knows sometimes the Goddess of Luck might have just knocked on our door . It's not fair to neglect as opportunity never knocks on our door twice. " Chaachi lovingly cupped her face with hope.

Gauri thought for a while . There is nothing wrong in giving a try to it. Who knows whether Sankarji himself has given this chance . Gauri left out a deep breath .
" Chaachiji, I' ll give it a try . Application?"

Chaachi's face brightened and she lovingly kissed her on her forehead. Her greediness will now be satisfied with the salary Gauri will be getting ( A/N : Chaachi doesn't know about kaali's intention)

Gauri took the application to fill. but in her mind it was like ' is this the right thing to do? Should I ask anyone else? Shall I call Dr. Omkie ?? Wait .. where did Omkie came in between? Why would I bother him ? I am no one to him . ' she pushed every thoughts aside and filled the application that will change her life upside down .
She handed the filled form to her Chaachi . Chaachi was really happy .

Next day Chaachi handed over the application to Gauri to post it while she goes to college . Evening she went to art gallery as usual but with a little fear of encounter that happened last week . But to her luck he didn't show up today relieving her .

1 week later ...
Gauri has returned from art gallery .
" Gauri .... "
"Ji chaachi.." Gauri responded to her chaachi.

" Gauri you have got an interview call from XYZ company . Prepare well beta . This is only ray of hope for us . Who knows may be God has given this opportunity for us ." Chaachi told her while passing on her a hot cup of tea. Gauri was amazed that she was given a milk tea instead of black tea that was her quota in a day .

Gauri took the interview call letter from Chaachi and moved to her room.
She clenched the letter tight on her chest .

' I am feeling so nervous holding this one in my hands . May be because of ur tension Gauri . Nothing else .'

Hospital

Omkara is in cafe with his friends. He is stirring through his food . He is not concentrating on the conversation.
" O.." Rudra jerked him from his thoughts .

" Where are you man ? We have been calling u for past 5 mins . Where Are you lost ?" Shivaay asked him with concern .

" O must be romancing that kid in his mind ." Rudra told with an eyebrow raise .

" Shut up Rudra " that was told in unison .

" Om ... is there any news about Gauri ?" It was Anika that asked .

" Anika mmm .. it's been a while that I saw or talked to her . She is really busy with her family . "

" Om.. I don't feel that she is happy with that Chaachi of her's ." Anika told him .

Omkara looked at her .

" Haan Bhaiyya ... Chaachi looks so suspicious to me . If possible can we pay a visit to her tomorrow? We can take care of our leave ." Bhavya told Omkara .

"Hmm"
Omkara nodded his head to it and went to his own thoughts.

On the day of interview....

Gauri dressed herself in a simple blue cotton Chudidhar and completed her look with a small bhindi...

She led her way to the office that looked isolated . Nervously she alighted the steps . She was surprised to find no one else except some weird looking men on the floor ..

To be continued...