Serpent

A/N

10/2/14

Hello lovely readers!

Unfortunately I will not be updating today [Awwww! I know!] Work's got me running back and forth and tied up most days.

There's just not enough time in the day!

I can't promise you I will update next week either but I will have you know the chapter is in the works! As you can see there's a chapter title that provides some insight...

So, hang in there and I will post it within the next two weeks hopefully!!

Have a beautiful day! :)

10/18/14

Bon jour mis lovely readers!

I know it isn't my usual update day but I wanted to get this chapter out. Most likley the next chapters will be updated when I have time. Please enjoy this chapter in the mean time.

Thank you for being patient! Have an unusually good day :)

Chapter 15

*GEMMA’s POV*

Reading from the book I got from Caleb’s dad, I come to a page that shows what appears to be a picture of a pendant that looks a lot like my pendant. In fact, it is my pendant. I hold the small figure between my thumb and forefinger against the light that enters from my living room window.

It’s nice to feel the warmth after such harsh rain the previous days had dragged in. I then inspect the snakey figure a little more closely on the dusty page.  Suddenly my pendant seems to glow from within. I feel a strange sense of power rush through me. It starts at my chest where the snake lies and ends with a tingle in my toes.

I read the inscription next the picture in the leather bound book. “Virtuous Serpent” is the title of the passage. “The serpent with the white crystal eyes is the virtuous snake, sister to its more dangerous counterpart the Wicked Serpent. The virtuous serpent will protect you in times of harm and distress. Simply use the charm by focusing all your thoughts on its power that will bring security.”

The book goes on to describe what the pendant is made of: white crystal and strong and pure silver. It also says it’s good to ward off evil and malicious spirits.

Closing the white snakey eyed book, I open the sister book and come to a similar page. Everything about this page is quite the opposite of the virtuous serpent. The wicked serpent is used to intensify negative energy. I feel a chill run through my spine as I look into the eyes of the depicted wicked serpent.

I lay both leather bound books on my lap as I let out a deep breath.