Chapter 1: Ruby Rose

"Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born in an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed and it seemed the darkness was intent on destroying man's brief existence into the void. However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to infinite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named, 'Dust.' Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence, came strength, civilisation, and most importantly, life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And eventually... the darkness will return"

A man with orange hair and a hat, who was also smoking a cigar, smirked as he blew a puff of smoke with some men behind him.

"So, you may prepare your guardians... build monuments to a so-called, free world, but take heed... there will be no victory in strength"

Just then, a male voice came in.

"But perhaps victory is in the similar things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul"

The Crime Boss then tapped his finger and stared at the shopkeeper that was in the Dust shop.

"Do you know how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late?" He asked as one of his men pointed a gun at the shopkeeper.

"Please" the shopkeeper pleaded, putting his hands up. "Just take my Lien and leave!"

"Shh, calm down, we're not here for your money" The Boss reassured, but he then changed his expression back into a serious one. "Grab the Dust"

The henchmen pulled out empty capsules and filled them with different types of Dust.

"Crystals" a henchman ordered. "Burn. Uncut"

The shopkeeper grabbed was kind of Dust he was ordered to grab. And henchman then saw the kids that looked to be fifteen years. One was in a red hood and mostly wore black with a combat skirt. The other had quite smart clothing with a black vest and a tie.

"Alright kids, put your hands where I can see 'em" The henchman ordered. The boy who wore the smart clothing turned towards the man, revealing that he had white eyes.

"Are you talking to me?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you, AND her" The henchman then tapped the girl's shoulder, making her drop her headphones and looked back at the guy. She had silver eyes.

"Yes?" The girl said.

"I said hands in the air!" The henchman ordered again.

"Are you... robbing me?" The girl asked.

"Yeah" The henchman frowned.

"Oh" the girl smirked. And before the man knew it, he was flung into the wall by the girl. The boy was even surprised that girl could do that. Another henchman soon when to kill her, but he was flung out of the window! The girl soon stood on the road in the night sky as her cape flew with the wind. She then spun, what appeared to be a huge red scythe, into the ground as her music stopped.

"Okay, I went to a Dust shop, and now a random girl is beating up henchmen" The boy sighed, taking his sword out. "Won't this be a treat?"

"Okayyy" The Crime Boss trailed off. "Get them!"