Chapter 8: Players and pieces

"RUBY!" Weiss shouted, holding onto something to keep her from falling. "I told you this was a bad idea!"

"We're fine!" Ruby reassured. "Stop worrying!"

"I am SO far beyond worrying!" Weiss argued. Ruby was suddenly confused.

"In a good way?" She asked.

"In a bad way!" Weiss corrected, when was worrying ever a good thing? "In a VERY BAD WAY!"

"Well why don't we just jump?" Ruby suggested. Weiss was shocked at her saying that. Did she really just say that?

"Are you insane?!" Weiss asked, receiving no answer as she did not see Ruby in her line of sight, she must have already jumped. "Oh you insufferable, little red-"

"Blake did you hear that?" Yang asked. Blake pointed up, showing Yang that Ruby was falling from the large height that she had jumped from.

"HEADS UP!" Ruby shouted as she flailed all her limbs in the air, which proved useless. Jaune and Amity then came flying in as they were too flung in the air and they all crashed together in a big ball, flying into the forest. Yang and Blake saw the sudden event and stood there. Ruby, however, was dizzy after being flung into a tree. "Ugh, what was that?"

Ruby shook her head and saw Jaune hanging upside down and laughing nervously.

"Hi, Ruby" He said. "Where's Amity? I saw him fly up to us too"

His question was soon answered as Amity fell onto the branch after falling out of the leaves. Dirt covered his face and twigs stuck to his clothing.

"The roughest, repeat, ROUGHEST landing I have ever endured" Amity coughed up a bunch of leaves and pulled the twigs off of him. "We really have to stop meeting each other like this"

"Yang, did your sister just fall from the sky?" Blake asked, Yang could not answer as a Grimm emerged from the forest trees, despite the roaring, it was soon killed by a bright pink light and fell on it's stomach, revealing Nora.

"Aww, it's broken" Nora whined.

"'Broken'?" Pico rhetorically asked. "What is this girl on?"

Ren came from behind the Grimm and panted as Nora examined the Grimm.

"Nora, please, don't ever do that again" Ren ordered, but he soon saw that Nora disappeared. Whilst Ren looked for Nora, Nora was staring down a white rook chess piece. She snatched it with haste and congratulated herself.

"I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!" Nora sung with elegance, who was soon stopped by a...

"NORA!" Ren shouted, getting her attention. She giggled and saluted herself.

"Coming, Ren" Nora soon ran off, leaving Yang and Blake shook.

"Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?" Yang asked, still shook.

"I..." Blake could not answer this time as the heard a roar erupt from the forest. It was Pyrrha and Jotaro running away from the Deathstalker.

"RUN! JUST KEEP RUNNING!" Jotaro shouted.

"Be quiet please" Pyrrha shot back as they kept running from the Deathstalker. Ruby soon got up from where she was sitting and jumped off the tree. Amity helped Jaune out of his position and soon jumped down too.

"Ruby!" Yang smiled.

"Yang!" Ruby smiled back as they both went in for a hug.

"Nora!" Nora jumped out of nowhere, making Yang and Ruby feel startled.