Chapter 12: jaundice part 2

Jaune was sleeping class, which was not very rare, coming from him. Another Professor was teaching about the history of the Faunus' and the war between them and the humans. The professor's name was Oobleck. He always seemed to walk around at a high speed, talk at a high speed and have the characteristic personality of a child. Amity was still pretty upset about what he did earlier, but he could not let that stop him now. He saw Cardin flick a piece of paper a Jaune's head, making him wake up.

"Hey" Jaune groaned, Oobleck heard Jaune's vice and raced up to him in an encouraging manner.

"Yes, Mr. Arc, FINALLY willing to participate!" Oobleck shouts, his formal and sharp. "What is the answer?"

"Uh...the answer..." Jaune looked over to his left, seeing Pyrrha making sign with her hands, helping him find the answer. "The advantage of the Faunus...was..."

Pyrrha made all kinds of sign language, hoping the Jaune would get it right.

"...binoculars!" Jaune said with confidence, unfortunately, it was not the right answer. Amity sighed, not even bothering to focus on the lesson itself. Everyone in class laughed, Cardin was the hardest to laugh and Pyrrha just facepalmed.

"Very funny, Mr. Arc" Oobleck rushed back to his desk, his face showing that he did it with no effort whatsoever. "Cardin, perhaps YOU would like to share your thoughts on the subject"

"Well...it's easier to train an animal than a soldier" Cardin answered, his feet upon the desk, showing that he was still the boss, although the burning pain in his hand was still rampaging after Amity stabbed him.

"You're not the most open-minded individual, are you, Cardin?" Pyrrha sternly asked rhetorically.

"What, you got a problem?" Cardin shot back. Roaul writing in his book, Pico was doodling again and Jotaro was looking at his friend's expression. What could be worse than regret eating at your soul? A lot of things, and Jotaro was determined to find the answer.

"No, I have the answer" Pyrrha smiled. "Night vision, most faunus are know to have perfect sight in the dark"

Cardin growled, HE was the boss, HE knew what he was doing. At least, that's what he kept thinking.

"General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep" Blake explained. That was another piece of information for Roaul to write down, just in case he had an encounter with the White Fang. "He massive army was outmatches and the general was captured"

Oobleck took another sip from his cup as Roaul noted down everything that Blake said.

"Maybe if he paid more attention in class, he wouldn't have been a failure" Blake frowned, referring to Cardin as she did, making the students react a bit.

"You just got ROASTED!" Pico shouted from across the room.

"Shut up, Hey Sparks" Cardin smiled, Amity knew he was referring to him.

"What do YOU want?" Amity stared down Cardin, as if it were some kind of western duel.

"You have to keep your lap-dog on a leash" Cardin chuckled, Pico got up and growled loudly for everyone to hear, making some students lower themselves under their seats. Before Pico could react...

"How dare you!" It was Weiss, she stood up from her seat shouted across the room. "'Lap-dog'? What is with you?!"

"Mr. Anonymous, Mr. Winchester AND Miss Schnee, please stay in your seats" Oobleck frowned. Jaune snickered at Cardin getting into trouble, but karma had other plans. "All of you, plus Mr. Arc can see me after class for additional readings"