Small world

She watched silently as the woman in front of her doted on the child.

Her eyes showed a simmer of tear as she smiled sadly.

"Mama... See! See! Aunt May is here!!!" The child laughed as she dragged the woman towards her.

The woman smiled warmly at her.

"I don't know you." She replied.

"I didn't think you would but I know Annie... So, Its a pleasure to meet her mother." Mathew smiled.

The woman grinned and went back to her table with the child and began to use the block.

"I dont think she will ever remember, May." Her friend Dr. Samantha Collins whispered.

"Its better this way." Mathew looked at the floor as her eyes darkened.

"Dr. Mathew?"

The familiar voice made her face heat up.

Reid stood in front of her looking confused.

"Dr. Reid? Hi.... What are you doing here?" Mathew blurtes out when she heard Sam snicker.

"I am visiting my mother. I had her admitted here... She was staying with me for a while but on Dr. Collin's advise... I have her committed here." He replied softly.

"I see..." Mathew replied softly when she looked up meetingbhis eyes.

His doleful brown eyes made her sigh inwardly.

"So... Your mom is?" She asked as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Oh... Uh... There she is by the bookshelf." Reid pointed when Mathew's eyes widened.

"You are Diana's son? Small world." Mathew replied and suddenly covered her mouth with her hand.

She could see Sam have a good time.

"You know my mother?" A smile twitched on his lips.

"We... Discuss books sometimes... When... She is in the mood." Mathew replied as she felt smoke escape her ears.

"I will meet her then. It is good seeing you again." He had a gentle smile as he walked towards his mother.

"Let that sigh out honey girl.... I can see you wanna jump his bones." Sam patted her head making her cringe.

"Jump his bones?!? Seriously?" Mathew retorted as Sam laughed

She controlled herself from lashing out as Sam patted her head.

It still scared her.

"Girl, you are staring so intensely... I swear... I have never seen that look on you before... Even back then when you were crushing on Rhodes." Sam elbowed her.

"Whatever... I mean... Dr. Reid does not say anything stupid... and he just knows so much." Mathew sighed as she watched him interact with his mother.

"I get it! Hey... Annie wants to talk to you." Sam commented.

"Hey bumblebee." Mathew lifted the child who laughed at the nickname.

"Look. Mama made me a new ori...orogami!" She held up a origami flower.

"Its Origami bumble bee. Its pretty." Mathew replied as she smiled at the child who grinned.
************
"Spencer... Spencer! Are you listening?" Diana called out to Reid who jolted.

"Yes mom... Sorry." He grinned sheepishly as his stare went back to Mathew who had the most gently smile as she lifted the little girl in her arms.

"She is a gem." Diana suddenly spoke as she looked at Mathew who now was being used as a jungle gym by the child.

"Who?"

"She reads a lot with me and attends my lectures." Diana replied as she continued writting.

Reid nodded as he turned back to look at her.

It was then he noticed that she had 2 tattoos on her left arm. Something written was on the wrist and an arrow on the side of her hand.

He had also notice her stiffen when Dr. Collins touched her head.

Almost like she was reliving some trauma.

He shook his head when he felt someone tug his leg. He was surprised to see the same kid who Mathew been entertaining sit near his feet smiling.

"Bumblebee... What are you doing?" Mathew aproached them.

Annie smiled brightly as she hugged Reid's leg.

"Bumblebee." Mathew smiled awkwardly.

"Hello... How can I help you?" Reid bent down to the little girl who suddenly grabbed his hair and gurgled.

"Ah! Bee... Okay... Come on... I'll read you a story!" Mathew gently pried the girl's tiny hands from his hair.

Her fingers briefly brushed his forehead and he felt electrified.

"I am sorry." Mathew apologized as the child now pulled her hair.

"Its okay... What are you going to read her?"

"Oh... I was thinking the little prince! Its never too late to introduce her to books." Mathew spoke excitedly when she blushed.

"You enjoy reading." Reid replied simply.

"Enjoy? Enjoy? I live to read... It my top favorite hobby above eating!" Mathew replied as she tried to free her hair from the child's grasp.

He felt his heart pound. A nostalgic feeling he had... Back with Lila.... Meave.... JJ....

"You want to... Umm... Tell me.more bout the little prince... Over coffee?" Reid asked quietly when her fave brightened.

"I thought you would never ask!"