Transference

It started with an arguement.

He figured out about her past. About her torture.....

And why Calla wanted her to be kept out.

He started to become overprotective. It irritated her.

He did not seem to reciprocate what she felt for him which made it more complicated to see him worry this way.

Today's arguement was about how she went to the dangerous part of the city in search of another victim and nearly got drugged and.....

Neither of them wanted to know what could have happened.

"Spencer! Honestly! It was nothing like that! Nothing would have happened!" She sighed as he crossed his arm and glared her down.

"Yeah right. Nothing would have happened. He had you in his control May... Had Gracia not traced you, He... he could have...." Reid girthed his teeth.

"Nothing would have happened." Mathew said firmly.

"May...." Reid looked at her sternly.

That concerned look made her feel angry instead of happy. It was difficult for her to bottle what she felt.

"Why do you even care? The amount of anger you showed to that guy... The way you are cornering me now... Its too uncanny!" She lashed when he stared at her

"I know we are friends but this... I know you are very loyal to the people you care but this.... You were inch from killing him Spence! And you dont even do combat!" She took a deep breath.

Reid just looked back at her. Mathew sighed.

He suddenly strode forward and cupped her face as his lips covered hers.

Her eyes widened. Her body trembled from the excitement of the kiss.

Her hands wound around his neck as he moved his lips against hers to which she responded.

One hand trailed to her waist as he pulled her closer as his other hand remained on her cheek.

He suddnely pulled away from her. Reid had never been so confused in his life.

He had just reacted to instinct....

"Spence?" She called out to him.

"I... i...." He muttered trying to make sense of his muddled thoughts.

He then took a deep breath.

"Just.... I just needed to make sure... It was not transference...." He whispered.

His words broke her heart.

"Transference... You are saying that we kissed because of transferenc?!?" Mathew felt incredulous.

"No... No like that?"

"Then like what Spencer? Make it clear for me so I dont keep hoping like a fool!" She shouted making him wince.

"May... Listen to me.... Its not you... Its me... I" Reid tried to explain but the tears in her eyes made him stop.

"I need some space." She whispered as she left.

She walked 4 blocks away when she finally let ou the chocked tears she was holding back.
************
Reid stared into the blank space as he tried to figure out what had happened.

He tried to call Mathew but she did not answer the call.

He hoped feverently that she was in the hospital and not mad at him.