Sharing

Reid signed again as he rubbed his temples.

"You have been sighing every 2 minutes! What's going on?" JJ asked worried.

"Nothing..." Reid mumbled.

"Its not nothing..comeon, Spence." She walked up to when Reid looked down.

"May and I had an arguement." Reid replied upset.

"Okay... What did you argue about?" JJ asked.

"I saw she was really upset yesterday... And She would not tell me about it no matter how much I asked... So... I got really angry." Reid grimaced.

"Oh..."

"I... I was really angry and I think I hurt her feelings... I mean... I did say some mean things." Reid sighed.

"Like what?"

".... In a relationship we need to be.mutually exclusive and she wasnt.... And how it... Sometimes made me wonder if she really wanted to be in a relationship." Reid muttered.

"Spence... That..." JJ was speechless.

"I know... So morning... I tried to apologize and... And she just smiled and said it was her fault and I shohld worry... That got me angry again... I mean... I hurt her feelings... I saw her cry quietly yesterday after our fight... Why is putting the blame on herself? Why...." Reid was frustrated.

"Spence... Maybe... May believes that everything thats happening between you two is her fault?" JJ interjected.

"Wait... Why would she think that?" Reid was confused.

"She was manupulated by her tormentor for months... And she was made to believe the pain inflicted on the others were her fault. Calla told me that..." JJ replied as she sat on his table.

"But I dont blame her." Reid countered.

"Spence... Maybe you guys really need to sit and talk.... She.... She had to meet with her tormentor... I think he said something that triggered it... Dont fight... Just try and wait... I know she will open up to you later." JJ smiled.

"I'll do that."
*******************************
He had entered the house when he saw her sitting on the couch staring into the space.

"May?" He called out to her when she startled.

"Oh.. Spence! You're back!" She managed an awkward smile.

He could make out she had been crying again.

"May... What's going on?" He sat next to her.

"Nothing! I am fine!" She said in a false voice.

"You are not fine! I can tell May! Please tell me what's going on!" Reid insisted when as her smiel faltered.

"I... I... Am fine... How about I get dinner ready?" She got up when Reid grabbed her wrist.

"Are you running away from me now?" He asked angrily.

"No! I... I think you might be hungry!.... I..."

Her lips were quivering and her body shivered.

"May. This is not normal! Whats going on??! What's frightening and depressing you so much?!? I just want to help you! Why can't you just tell me? Am I that unreliable?" Reid's voice shook as he spoke.

Her eyes widened as tears started to fall.

"No... No... Its not like that... I... I... Dont know how to say... Without making you hate me." She whispered as she tried to wipe away her tears.