Nightmares

The thunder and sudden lightening woke him up as he remembered he had left a window open.

Reid yawned as he closed it and frowned as he realized that the water had entered the room.

He silently groaned as he got a mop to sweep the water when he felt someone was behind the front door as he heard a sneeze.

He grabbed his gun from the side table and walked over to the door and gently pried it open.

There was no one but he could hear breathing behind so he looked behind only to be astonished to see Mathew sitting on the floor with her head down.

She was drenched head to toe and was shivering. He approached her when he noticed her eyes were closed and her breathing was rather erratic and her skin was too cold to touch.

He quickly lifted her took her inside.

How long was she outside? Did she knock on the door? How come he didnt hear her?

The questions dissolved from his head when heard her cough ans sneeze.

Her clothes stuck to her skin as she was shivering terribly. He touched her forehead which was burning hot although the rest of her body was ice cold.

"May?" He called out to her when she cracked her eyes open.

"Spence.... Night...mare... Cold.... Call....spence.... No.... Phone... Need..." Mathew was incoherent when she leaned on to him breathing through her mouth as she shivered rather violently.

He didn't think twice. He got a towel and a few blanlets and got hold of an old shirt and pajama bottoms for her.

He swallowed as he pried off her clothes dried her body and changed her into the clothes he took out

Her skin was starting to burn up terribly as she sneezed and coughed repeatedly.

Her breathing was still fast and she was heaving now.

He placed the blankets on top of her as he went to the kitchen to get cold compression ready and get hold of aspirin and make some soup for her.

He had just put ice the water and put a towel in it when her heard her scream.

He rushed to the bedroom and saw her scream as she weakly struggled against the blankets.

"May! May!"

"Get him off! Please get him off!!!! I dont know! I really dont! No! No! No!" She shouted as Reid grabbed her close to his chest.

"Its okay May. Its just a dream. Just a dream. You are okay." He kept whispering as she struggled against him.

"Please... Dont... Please..." Her mutterings decreased as she slowly stopped to struggle.

"Its okay May. I here with you. Its okay." Reid continued to comfort her as her body relaxed against his and her breathing slowly evened out.

He gently laid her back, reluctant to leave her even for a second. Tears had escaped down her cheeks and new one clung to her eyebrows.

The screams told him how much torture she had faced. The pleading and screaming made his blood boil.

If he ever met her tormentors, he would kill them.

He kissed her forehead as he went to get the compress and aspirin.

He had just set all the things on the table when the scream began again.

He took her in his arms as she screamed and struggled.