Rain

It was a really upsetting case as he walked down the street from the subway.

His heart felt heavy. He had understood the unsub to well and the fact she took her own life hurt him even more.

Gideon had said that the time to leave when he started to feel numb.

But this was a different numb. A painful numb.

He had not even noticed he was drenched as the rain came down harder.

"Spence?"

He turned to see Mathew just a few feet from him with an umbrella.

She walked upto him, a soft smile grazed her features.

He never understood how just simply seeing her or hearing her voice could lift his spirits so much.

"You look like a wet rat." She giggled as she got him under the umbrella.

"Morgon once told me that." He replied as she giggled.

"Ahh... The Lila incident... I know... Trust me... I was so jealous when I heard that." Mathew laughed as tried to hold the umbrella high.

Her laughter sounded like water bubbling in a silver vase. Clear and fun yet soft and musical.

"You are hitting my head." Reid pointed out as he bent to accomodate himself in the umbrella.

"Here... You hold it." Mathew handed it to him.

"No. Its fine.. I am drenched already." Reid replied when she frowned at him.

"You get this opportunity Spence and you are letting it go?" She gave a mock look of disbelief.

"What are you...woah..." Mathew stood by his side and took his arm and draped it around her shoulder as she wound her hand around his waist making them both under the umbrella.

"We dont always get to do this in the rain." She smiled as she leaned on to him not caring if his clothes were wet.

"You will catch a cold." He gave a smile when she shrugged.

"Tell me something new." She grinned.

He gave a small smile when he sighed.

"You want to talk about it?" She asked.

"Not now." He replied softly.

"Okay." She replied when he looked at her surprised.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean... I would rather hear about it when you are ready." She replied.

"Just what did I do to deserve you?" Reid smiled as he looked at her.

"You know.... That rain is really romantic?" Mathew changed the subject when he raised a brow.

"Getting splash by cars, formation of puddles which breed mosquitoes not to mention the humidity that follows it... Makes it romantic?" Reid retorted when she laughed.

"Let me show you." She stood on her toes and kissed him.

He left go of the umbrella as he deepened the kiss, embracing her tightly.

The rain had drenched them both but they remained oblivious.

They broke the kiss when she smiled.

"Isnt it romantic?" She whispered.

"As long as you with me, anything becomes romantic." He replied as he resumed the kiss.
******************
She snuggled closed to him as thunder and lightening followed by.