[three]

[chapter three]
Third Letter

JENO woke up to the sound of bottles being crashed on the floor, and jolted in his bed. He then looked over to see his door still shut, but voices could be heard downstairs.

He quickly gets out of bed, as it's one of those mornings where he wasn't fond of staying long. Putting on his clothes for the day, he went into his bathroom and did his hygiene. After, he grabbed his bag and opened his cracked window to leave from there.

Walking out he felt the brisk breeze of morning hit him, it was cool and you could hear the early birds chirping. He then started walking to school, knowing he would be early.

Leaving the house early was a sometime monthly thing these days, especially when his dad came back. His parents were already divorced and his mother was an alcoholic, always has been. When his dad came back, everything went down hill. He started drinking more, lost his job, and then gave up.

Jeno never really liked his dad in the first place, he never helped his mom, never paid bills, and acted like his own son wasn't alive. His mom on the other hand never gave attention to him anyway, he was used to it, and didn't mind much of it anymore.

You couldn't say his parents were abusive in any way, and never hit him, but they did act like he wasn't there.

Neglect.

Always that word that echoes in his mind from time to time, and gets him down. If he thinks about it real hard, he would think about how nobody cares for him, but also how he would be completely helpless without his parents though.

He'd just hope things get better, and used to wish every night upon a bright star to find true love in this harsh world.

But now he doesn't believe in such things.

'Maybe I'm just like my dad.' Jeno thought.

'A give up.'

Arriving at school he quickened his pace the slightest as he remembered the letter. Jeno walked in the school building, and went to his locker as he put his things away.

He walked and entered his classroom, holding a excitement in his bones that made him want to smile. He sat at his desk, and immediately pulled the letter out.

He opened it and took out the note card, reading.

Hey! I don't have bad handwriting ):(
Also, that was 2 questions, now it's mine turn :)
Who are you?

Jeno stared at the badly written question, and reads it over and over again. Asking himself deeply a similar question.

'Who am I?'

Jeno wanted to say his real name, but then his instinct told him not too.

'If I expose myself, they might stop talking to me.' He thought, and frowned slightly upon the thought. He then decided to not write his name, but simply a thought.

A nobody.
My turn, are you a girl or boy?

Jeno thought about his answer, and looked at the note he wrote on. He read that same word over and over again.

A nobody.

'Maybe I am a nobody.' Jeno thought to himself sadly, and put the card back in the letter. Taping it up to the desk, the room started to fill with students.

Jeno decided to express his sad feelings at the moment in art. He pulled out his sketch book and started drawing, his hand gliding across the paper effortlessly.

Thinking about that one thought.

A Nobody.