[sixteen]

[chapter sixteen]

JENO and Jaemin sit on a couch, silence developed around them snuggly. Jeno sincerely didn't know where to begin, so he thought to the past memories.

"I don't want you to think of me lowly I after I tell you this Jaemin...promise me we'll still be friends?" Jeno asks softly.

"Of course Jeno." Jaemin reassures.

Jeno inhales shakily, and looks down to the floor.

"I don't know how to begin, but uh, growing up I've never been wealthy..." Jeno starts slowly. "I was always that one kid who was treated like dirt everywhere I went. Even my own parents knew it, and yet they did nothing. My parents..." Jeno trails off for a moment. Thinking.

"My parents don't like me. They never talk to me, they act like I'm not even there. Ever since I was kid, they never saw me. I was never recognized by them, no matter how hard I tried. It hurts, it hurts everyday seeing happy families when I don't have one. It hurts seeing kids take for granted what I wish I could have...It would always get the best of me, and when I saw you and your mom..." Jeno whispers, his eyes becoming watery. "I've never felt so excluded in life, and your sister..you seem so happy."

"Jeno..." Jaemin says, feeling the side of his heart squeeze in pain at Jeno's words.

"You have everything I've ever wanted." Jeno admits, a single tear running down his cheek.

Jaemin stares at the other, such intensity in his eyes. He scoots closer, wrapping his arms around the other tightly. He's at loss for words, and wishes he could say something. He didn't know what though. Jeno lets a few more tears run, but he sniffs and wipes them away.

"I'm sorry, I'm a crybaby." Jeno's voice cracks.

"It's fine by me." Jaemin whispers softly, running his hands through Jeno's soft hair.

"How about we clean up, then go shopping." Jaemin suggest.

"Don't pity me Jaemin, I'll be okay." Jeno says with a sad smile, wiping the last of his tears away.

Jaemin frowns upon that, and tucks a piece of hair behind Jeno's ear. Jeno looks over, showing off his watery eyes to the other, and Jaemin instantly melts into them.

"I'm not pitying you Jeno, it's called being a good friend. I'm gonna make you happy by the end of this day." Jaemin says in determination.

Jeno looks at him in disbelief, and nods as he sets his head in his hands.

"Ok." Jeno says.

"Let's shower first, you can borrow some of my clothes!" Jaemin suggest, taking Jeno's hand in his dragging him up from the couch.

Jeno follows, staring at the boy leading him. Jaemin probably thinks he's a mess up now, probably useless. All he feels is pity for Jeno, at least that's what he thinks.

Entering a room, Jeno widens his eyes as he sees everything. His window has blinds on them, there's posters everywhere, he has a radio, and a bed set with side tables. Jeno looks at the desk beside him, there's a computer, and lots of manga on top in shelves. Jeno is in amazement at all the stuff Jaemin owns.