[eight]

[chapter eight]
Eighth Letter

JENO lies in his bed, his nerves turned on as he stared at his phone screen. It was almost 12am, and Jeno hasn't slept a blink. To be honest, he was to nervous to do so.

He stares at his phone shaking in his hands, a number displayed on it. He takes a deep breath before tapping the 'message' button. Another screen then comes up, and he can see the 'imessage' where he is suppose to type.

He slowly types a small message, his thumbs shaking from his anxiety rising.

Hi, this is mystery boy.

Jeno shakes his head in dissatisfaction of his text, and deletes it.

Hi, this is mystery bo|
Hi, this is myst|
Hi, this is|
Hi, th|
Hi

Jeno stares at the one word, thinking if he should just send that or not. Jaemin would probably be confused, but maybe he would know who he was. He was the one to give him his number.

Jeno's thumb hovered over the send button for a moment, he just couldn't find the confidence to press it. He finally closes his eyes as he presses down, and quickly grunts as he hides his phone in the blanket.

He was nervous.

'What if Jaemin never replies. What if it all was a joke. What if it all was for just some gossip. What if he wanted to blackmail. What if—' Jeno's thoughts got cut short by the vibration of his phone.

He stared at it for a moment, the phone face flat onto the blanket. A light up screen made way past the little cracks, and Jeno felt his heart race in anticipation.

He slowly reaches over as he picks up his phone, the light hitting his face. He quickly reads the message before him.

***-***-****
I thought you would never text,
mystery boy

Jeno stares at the screen for a moment, hovering over where he types with his thumbs. He then quickly types back.

Not going to lie,
I was afraid to

Jeno then changes the number to Jaemins name, and huddles himself in his blanket. He suddenly feels giddy. He's talking with his crush since middle school, and now he's actually communicating. He couldn't believe it.

Why's that?
It doesn't matter, what matters is you.
Who are you?

Jeno stops breathing for a mid second, and feels his thumbs stop. He couldn't tell him, not now. It felt to soon. Jaemin would probably hate him if he told him who he was, and he didn't want that. He just wants to talk to him, be friends with him, even if Jaemin doesn't know whose behind the screen.

I cant tell you that

Jeno watches as the three bubbles pop up, and the message almost comes in instantly after his.

-
Why not?
You know who I am, don't you?

Of course I do, your Na Jaemin.

Then why can't you tell me who you are?

Because then you'll be disappointed

No I won't :(
Please

I'm sorry

It's okay, but I'll find out soon
I'm not giving up so easily
I'll find out one way or another

Is that a threat

Maybe
Read at 12:23am

Jeno can't help but smile at their conversation, and his stomach was filled with butterflies. He bites on his bottom lip, a bad habit of his he does when he's nervous or over excited.

Can you at least give me a hint?

I'm a nobody.

I'm sure that's not true,
but that's also not a hint ):(
Describe your looks,
Just a little.

That would give me away

Exactly.
Now do it before I become sad :(

Ok ok
Well, I have blonde hair
And brown eyes

Literally EVERYONE has those features
This isn't helping :(((
I know,
Where do you sit at lunch?

I cant tell you that!
You'll find me immediately

That's my plan

Not fair

Ok fine
Do you walk home or ride

I walk

Bingo

Hey wait
That's not fair
I didn't mean to send that

Well you did anyway.
See you tomorrow.
I'll be looking for you.
Read at 12:27am

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows in defeat, and huffed. Jaemin always got his way it seems like, and Jeno was nervous about tomorrow now. He couldn't walk, but then again he couldn't ride. He didn't have a ride, and from what he's heard his bus is crowded with idiots.

Jeno thinks of a plan, but can't. Maybe he'll wear a beanie tomorrow, to cover his hair color.

Jeno then widened his eyes as he remembered something. He owns different eye contact colors, of course. That would work, and Jaemin will never find out.

Jeno sighed as he turned off his phone and snuggled in his pillow. He then looked over to face his wall, and that's when a small smile lifted his lips.

'I'm officially whipped.' Jeno thought, and smiled bigger.