[seventeen]

[chapter seventeen]

Jaemin leads Jeno around the mall, peeking in at every store. Jeno never really went to the mall, he never had money or friends to go with. He looks around at everything, and takes in all the stores. It was huge inside, and Jeno wanted to go everywhere.

"Jeno, anywhere you want to go first?" Jaemin stops and turns around as he asks him.

"I've never been in the mall, I don't know." Jeno says slowly.

"Oh, well let's visit some stores. Pick out anything." Jaemin says.

Throughout the day, Jeno picked out some things. They ate, and Jaemin made Jeno's spirit rise. Jeno never felt so safe before with someone, so comfortable. All he wanted was to stay with Jaemin forever, but he knows better than to daydream like that. Jaemin may joke with him, but he's still not sure on the mutual feelings.

At the end of the day, Jeno got 4 t-shirts and 3 pairs of jeans. He also got some accessories, and a new pair of shoes. He felt guilty for all the money he spent with Jaemins money, and as they got into the car Jeno decided something.

"Once I get a job I'll repay you Jaemin, I promise." Jeno quickly says.

"Jeno there's no need, keep everything as gift. I don't want your money when I can spend my own on you." Jaemin says smirking, staring the car.

Jeno blushes deeply, and looks down shyly. "Then thank you." Jeno whispers.

"Anytime nono." Jaemin says, and Jeno raises an eyebrow looking over.

"'Nono?'" Jeno repeats slowly.

"Yes! Your new nickname." Jaemin says bubbly.

"That sounds dumb." Jeno argues.

"No, it sounds cute!" Jaemin corrects him, driving out of the mall parking lot.

They argued all the way home on Jeno's nickname, and that's when Jeno decided to call Jaemin 'nana.' Jaemin didn't like the nickname at all, and Jeno decided to keep it that way. Jeno noticed that Jaemin passed where his house was after awhile, and quickly looked over.

"You passed my house." Jeno says.

"I know." Jaemin replies, his smile slowly falling from his lips.

Jeno noticed the mood change, and the aura around Jaemin. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"Jaemin, where are we going?" Jeno asks.

"Back to my place." Jaemin says casually.

"What? I can't stay over at your place, I've already spent half of your money. Jaemin—"

"I'm not letting you step foot in that house again Jeno! Who knows what they'll do next to you. Knowing what you just told me I don't want you anywhere near there." Jaemin cuts him off.

Jeno huffs. "Jaemin I knew you would feel this way, and I specifically told you not to! I can handle them, just turn around—"

"I'm not turning around! We're going to my place and that's final!" Jaemin demands.

Jeno stares at him for a moment later, and then gives up as he sits himself in the seat angered. Jeno feels almost angry at Jaemin, but he can't bring himself to hate the other. Jeno knows Jaemin is trying to protect him, but Jaemin also needs to know that Jeno can take care of himself. He's been doing it his whole life.

Arriving at Jaemins house, they park in the driveway and sit in the car. The silence around them developed snuggly, and was broken as Jeno heard a sigh escape Jaemins lips.

"I didn't mean it that way, what I said back there on the road." Jaemin starts slowly. "I just don't want you stepping into that house, knowing that I can't be there if something happens. I cant risk it, I can't risk you." Jaemin says looking over at the other.

Jeno stares at the bags full of clothes on the floor board, and thinks of what to say. He couldn't tell if he was still angry or not, but he wanted Jaemin to understand what he was feeling.

"Jeno, please. Tell me what your thinking." Jaemin says, and Jeno feels guilty all the sudden. Almost anxious.

"Jaemin, what are we?" Jeno blurts out, and Jaemin is taken back by the question.

"What do you want us to be?" Jaemin asks.

"I don't know sometimes..." Jeno admits softly, fumbling with his fingers.

"Me too." Jaemin says, and Jeno looks over to see the other already looking at him.

Jaemins eyes become determined, and he presses his lips in a straight line.

"Jeno, I have something to confess." Jaemin says, turning to face his body towards Jeno. "Don't freak out, okay?" Jaemin asks slowly.

"Okay..." Jeno says softly.

"Every since I met you, I thought you were the most gorgeous person on the planet. No matter how many times I tell you, I just can't seem to think you understand. Your the only one that has ever stood out to me in the crowd, the only one that caught my eye." Jaemin whispers, and suddenly his voice cracks. "And just knowing that your going through something I can't help, I just want to hold you. So close that you can't run away anymore, because I don't want you to run away." Jaemin says, and Jeno's sees his eyes get watery.

Jeno's eyes get watery as well, seeing Jaemin totally breakdown in front of him made his heart twist in pain.

"Jaemin.." Jeno whispers.

"Jeno I..I—" Jaemin tries to get out. "I love you." He says, and a single tear runs down his cheek.

Jeno widens his eyes, staring at Jaemin. Jeno didn't know what to feel, but what he did know is that Jaemin did love him. There was no lie or deceiving glares in Jaemins eyes, only truth and love. Jeno has never felt so overwhelmed.

He simply jumps from his seat as he wraps his arms around the others neck, pulling Jaemin close. Jaemin wraps his arms around Jeno's waist, pulling him close as he lets a few tears run. Jeno lets tears run down as well, feeling broken as his mind repeats Jaemins words in his mind.

"I love you too Jaemin." Jeno whispers, and the grip on his waist tightens.

He didn't know how, because he couldn't see Jaemins face, but he knew the other was smiling into his shoulder. Jeno has never said such words, and he's never made them mean so much.

They slowly pull away, and stare at each other. They could barely see each other since it was night, and the cars headlights were the only thing lighting up. Jeno brings his hands from Jaemins neck, wiping away his tears.

"Does this make us official?" Jaemin asks with a small smirk.

"I think your missing a step." Jeno says with a small laugh, giving a small sniffle after.

Jaemin smiles, staring at the other deeply. "Lee Jeno, will you be my boyfriend?" Jaemin asks.

"Yes."