Chapter 3: An Ordinary Aftermath

Sorry for the sudden change in writing in this one (i'm still trying to decide how i can do things) Sorry? ily for reading anyway! <3

The word 'Faggot' was scribbled all over the piece of paper. "Fucking! Stephanie!" we shout together, gaining the looks of multiple other high schoolers. "Why is she doing this to me? I didn't do anything wrong. It's not my fault she can't handle rejection..." I remark. "Andy, you'd better be careful, you don't wan't her to tell people that you're gay, do you?" Sammy whispers. This made me to cackle loudly into the halls for some reason.

"Hell to the no!" I shouted in my sassiest attitude.

"Then make nice to her," she said before leaving.

I turn back and angrily chuck the scrunched up piece of paper back in my locker. "UGH!" I screamed whilst slamming my locker shut, causing more people to look at me feeling the hole burning through the back of my head. "What the hell are you looking at?!" They all turn back to whatever they were all doing.

I needed some time to clear my thoughts and left for the flower garden I usually sat next to. 

"Hey, Andrew. Something the matter?" a voice jokes from behind me. I turn around with my eyes focused on the floor as I slowly look up. It was obviously a guy. I kept moving my eyes upwards to recognize that he was a very fit, muscular guy. Finally, I could see his face. He was smiling ear to ear revealing his lustrous white teeth.

It was Scott.

My brain exploded. My heart instantly increased its tempo. "Um.. Yeah I'm fine," I say almost cowering. I feel like running and hiding behind a nearby potted plant, I can't handle this right now. Wait. Why is he even talking to me? Crap, did he find out?

"I saw you." He laughed. "You were screaming at random people. You're not fine."

"Yes, I am fine," raising my voice. "Why are you even talking to me? We've never shared a word between us and now you're supposed to be my councilor?"

He glared at me. "Well, okay then. If you don't want my help now, don't ever come and ask for it.," his smile faded becoming as emotionless as a statue. "You're a nobody now, you'll be a tomorrow forever". My mouth opened involuntarily as he turns the other way. I try to say 'I'm sorry' but I couldn't. I wanted him to stay with me so badly. The first time my crush talks to me, I end it in an argument. What the hell is wrong with me?

He was right. I was a nobody. Maybe I'll stay a nobody for the rest of my life.

The bell rang but I could not move. I felt as if I had frozen. The field began to empty as students began rushing in an effort to make it to their classes on time. I, though, still sat on the metal chair unwavering. I didn't care about my next class, I completely forgot what it was anyway. 

That was when it hit me.

Something hit me in the back of my head. It was another scrunched up piece of paper. It made me smile a bit. The thought of someone having so much interest in me gave me jolts of unspoken pleasure. I know it shouldn't but it did. No one has ever given me this much attention in my life, even if it was for the wrong reasons, I liked it. Well... for now.

I looked behind me to see if the person who through it was still there. Of course they weren't. Whoever they were left some of the flowers trampled though. That made me angrier than getting chucked notes at my head. Slowly, I unfolded the piece of paper. 'Hey faggot. Watch your back cause your secret is about to get out'. The shit?

"Hey, Andy. What's that?" Sammy came out of no where and made me jump a bit. I looked at her for a bit wondering why she was still not in class. I knew she was the type to skip class but she would get in trouble by the school if she kept this attitude and she knew that. "I skipped class."