Chapter 12: An Ordinary Apology

"I betcha ten bucks I can get this in the bin in one shot." Sammy remarked throwing a scrunched up piece of paper into the air.The ball of paper circled the rim of the bin twice and eventually fell next to it.

"I think that's ten bucks," I yelled, "just shout me next lunch, Sammy." I looked over to Sammy who was staring at the piece of paper, contemplating on the sudden bet she forced me in.

"Hey Sammy, I'm gonna go... See someone before lunch finishes."
"What are you - ooh! I'll see you later then, lover boy." She allowed waving me away. "See you later, Sam."

I headed off into the teacher blocks until I remembered to grab some flowers from the flower patch.
"Here you go. I knew you'd grab some more." Sammy said holding a bunch of flowers in front of me. "Thanks Sam. Love ya."

I knocked on the door labeled 'Teacher's Lounge" hiding the flowers behind my back with my other hand. It wasn' t long until a figure appeared through the tinted glass. Slowly, the door began to open and a smile instantly began to form on my face.

"Andrew. What's up?" Alex said in a stern yet loving tone.

"I just thought it would be nice to pay you a visit. I mean, I don't have history today and we've been 'dating' for a few weeks now. If you wanna call it dating..." I added. I revealed the bundle of flowers hidden behind my back.

Alex's face went sour. And not the good kind. Taking out the flowers seemed to only make him more mad.

"Are you mad at me? What I have done wrong?" I asked. "N-nothing," he replied "it's just some of the other teachers are starting to wonder who I'm getting these flowers from."

Oh.

"Oh. Ok. I guess I'll stop giving you flowers then. Anything else I should- no- need to stop doing, your majesty?" Ok, I'll admit. That was definitely not needed. But hiding something like this, hiding a relationship from everyone... It's not healthy.

"Andy..." Alex started. "I know that this is hard but people can't find out that we're dating. Our relationship will be ended, forcefully." He stated.

"I know that. But I feel like we aren't even in a relationship. We barely do anything a real couple would do. And I see you almost everyday and knowing that I can't hold you, or kiss you, it hurts me. I just... I don't know." 

"Andy, I'm sorry. Just tell me what you want."

"No. Alex it's fine. I'll just see you in class tomorrow then."

"Andrew wait."

I walked off. I wasn't going to wait for him. What else was he going to say? That I should tell Samantha to forget that we were dating? Cause he obviously can't trust me to keep "us" a secret. Three weeks in and I still don't think he can trust that I can keep this a secret.

Ugh, whatever.

"Hi mum. You cookin' something? Smells great." I said in a low, depressing tone. "Yeah. Lasagne is the oven. Just wait an hour or so and it should be done."

"Hey, mum? Do you know that I'm dating someone? It actually just occurred to me that I haven't even told you yet." I said throwing myself on the couch, my feet pressed against a stack of cushions. "Yeah. The teacher, right?" I nodded my head slowly as she sat on the couch, pushing my feet to the ground forcing me to sit up.

"Yeah, your dad told me. And to be frank, I don't really agree with him - or you. You shouldn't be dating your teachers, they could get in serious trouble."

"Teacher. I'm dating one teacher. Jesus, mum do you think that just cause I'm gay, I'm a slut and I'm collecting a list of people to have sex with or something," I remarked, glaring at her until she flinched, "But yeah, I know," I sighed, "But we're doing our best to keep it a secret. And if we want to keep dating, he needs to trust that I can keep it a secret. Right? Please tell me I'm not over reacting."