Chapter 8: An Ordinary Teacher

(PIC OF ALEXANDER HENDERSON [MR HENDERSON] ON THE RIGHT)

I opened Annie's bedroom door to find her chatting away into her phone. She was sitting on her bed with her smooth legs crossed as she twisted her hair around with her free hand. She had her hair in pigtails making her look extremely innocent."Hi, Annie... Mind if I stay here for a bit?"

"Babe I gotta go, I'll call you tomorrow." And with that she tapped her phone and put it on top of her drawer. "Sure thing, Andy," She said with a worried look on her face, "I heard... and... saw what happened downstairs. I ran back up as soon as I saw you talking to Scott..." The look on her face darkened and it only made me sadder.

I sat next to her, crossing my legs and faced downwards. "Sorry you had to notice that. I didn't even know he was coming and when he looked at me... I just...I just thought that, you know, he actually loved m-"

"Andrew he does love you," she interrupted, staring into my eyes, "You're just judging him way too harshly because of one thing he's done. Sure it was a really bad, really stupid thing to do but he had to have his reasons as to why he gave the money back. " Annie explained, looking back at her phone which kept flashing and vibrating. Her boyfriend was probably wondering why Annie wasn't messaging back. "If you wanna know what I think, give him another chance."

"So you know everything that happened downstairs? Liar." I joked wiping the rest of the tears away from my face. She laughed, "Okay. I stayed and watched you guys from the staircase. But you seriously just need to listen to him before you make any more decisions." She urged. "I did listen. And I still feel the way I knew I would feel before he said anything."

Annie's attention kept drifting between her flashing phone and me. "Okay... I'd better leave you to your booooyfriend~," I teased making her cheeks slighlty pink, "I still have no idea why you were so afraid of telling everyone that Billy was your boyfriend."

"Just go! He's probably freaking out now..." Annie exclaimed. I walked up past the door and turned back to look at her, already with her phone in her hand. "Love you, sis." She looked back up at me and smiled, "I love you too, big sis." I laughed and shut her door when I heard her giggle at the sound of her phone ringing.

 "Why can't I be like her..."  I mumbled to myself.

"Because you're not a girl." My dad shouted from the other side of the hallway. "Do you wanna talk about anything?" He asked. I shook my head and turned to my room. I twisted the doorknob when my I felt a set of arms wrap around my chest. Dad... Come on. Way too cheesy.

"Andy, it's not good to keep things bottled up. Just give him time to explain and you'll start thinking that this is all just a stupid misunderstanding." He said, the tone in his voice changed drastically from what it was downstairs. "Dad, I promise. I'm fine." He spun me around and stared into my eyes. "When someone says that they're fine, they're not fine."

"Goodnight, Dad." I rolled my eyes and shut my door and leaned my head on it. Don't you think I know I'm not fine. I just didn't want to talk about it anymore. Any thought of Scott made me skip a beat. Just knowing that I won't be feeling his touch is torture enough.

But thanks, Dad, I love you too...

~~~~~               ~~~~~               ~~~~~

 A yawn escaped my mouth as I open my eyes from my stupor. The yawn turns into a gasp when I checked my phone for the time. "7:45?!" I screamed grabbing my white polo and dark blue school pants from the wardrobe. I quickly put it on and jammed all my books, "No time to pick and choose which books to take!" I yelled at myself. 

"MUM! Can you drive me to school?!" I bellowed, hoping she was still home. No response. Ugh. I quickly searched my wardrobe for a pair of socks. "Ugh, no time to pick and choose a correct pair!".