Chapter 7: An Ordinary Break up

Running away from my problems was happening on a regular basis. People fooling me, decieving me, crushing everything I believe in. Crushing what little hope I had, bit by bit. I'm currently hiding in my room, laying on my bed with the cover over my head. My nice, secluded room, away from the hell that I'm supposed to be at. Well, what was I meant to do? Where was I meant to go? Maybe I should go talk to Mr. Henderson. He'll know what to do... right?

My life is such a mess. And it's all her fault!

Why is she always messing with me? Stephanie. She's taken this rejection way too far. There's so much I could do to give her a piece of my mind but no amount of pain I can give her would even be close to the pain she's given me. I can't believe she would stoop so low as to manipulate Scott to get to me. Why would Scott even agree to it? I guess you can never what someone is really capable of.

It was all lies. Everything. He said he loved me and I really did love him back. I'm so gullible, falling for such cheap tricks. Love is such an empty word. It provides us nothing but false hope, something for us to look forward to. Something that can never truly be achieved, obtained -  only crushed, diminished. How can such a soulful word give us all endless pain. An unending misery comparable to that of the depths of hell.

 Ugh. She's made me all philosophical... I hate Staphanie. I hate everything about that heartless whore. My eyes have gotten sore from all the crying. My pillow looks like it's forever stained of tears, of Scott's betrayal. I know he's done me wrong but there's still that part of me that still needs him to be by my side. Do I still love him, even after what he's done?

 No. There's no way I could still love him. Love is nothingness. 

 ~~~~~            ~~~~~~           ~~~~~

 "Andy?!" Is that my mum? Wait, what time is it? I must have fallen asleep. I turned to the window and shut it, noticing that night had come. "Andy, I know you're there! The school told me you cut school today!" Damn it.

 "Yup. I'll be there in a minute!" I had no intention of going down there to explain myself, but I shouldn't dig this hole any deeper than it is already. "Mum. Where are you?". "In the sitting room, honey. There's someone here to see you." What now?

 He's back. Stephanie's brown haired lackey. "Scott?!" 

 "MUM! I don't want to see him! He lied to me! He betrayed me!" I shouted at my mother who seemed to be trying really hard to remain calm. Her hand was shaking but mine were rattling uncontrollably. "Mum please... Get him away."

"Andrew, honey. Just listen to what he has to say before you make anymore judgements." She said. "Judgements?! I have every right to judge this motherfucker!"

"Andrew! Do not talk to mother like that!" My dad stepped into the living room. It's not like him to lose his cool like that. He normally doesn't yell, so this was a huge deal. My dad was supposed to be the judicator of the family, he is accepting of almost anything and anyone as long as neither my mother or I get hurt. Whenever he freaked out, it was like a hurricane but I sensed that he was trying to mask his true feelings, just like my mother.

I turned to Scott who was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room, his eyes were red and swollen and he was staring blankly at the hardwood flooring. I assumed he had been bawling his eyes out on the way here. "What do you want, Scott?" He looked up from the ground and stared at me. "Andrew, please, come closer." He asked. I rolled my eyes and conferred to his request.

"Scott. Just tell me what you have to say and leave."

"Andrew, please. I... I wasn't gay."

"You don't say?!" I rolled my eyes again and turned to go back upstairs but he yelled, "Andrew please! I wasn't gay but you changed that. I... I took Stephanie's money to trick you and break your heart but... but just being around you changed me. I fell in love with you. I really did. When I told you I loved you, I meant it. That's why I gave Stephanie her money back. You're all I want now. You're all I need."

My heart sank and my gut twisted. I turned back towards him. I had to. Scott was crying his heart out for the second time. I felt like I had to tell him that I was only joking too, that I still loved him. But I couldn't. "S-Scott... I still love you. But what you did was unthinkable. You took her money instead of my love, regardless of you giving it back. I can't just take you back after what you did." My voice cracked towards the end.

"Andrew." My dad finally chimed in. "You- you do what you think is right. I'll come see you upstairs after this is over." I don't know what he meant by over. The thoughts of the possibilites scared me. 

I walked back up the stairs noticing that Scott hwas still crying. Andrew don't look. Stop. What are you doing? Stop it. Don't look. I looked. I could barely see him through the railings of the staircase but it was enough to know what was going on. Scott had covered his eyes with his hands and was using his elbows to lean on his knees. My parents had crowded him and tried to console him. I should be down there too. I needed him just like he needed me. I love you Scott.