Chapter 8

Dedicated to JoellaFantine

With a slight shudder, David pulled out the garment filled pouch from his bag, making sure that everything was secure inside it before he walked outside the Pastor's Office

"Ah well," He sighed "It's not like I stole it."

Or Did I? His mind countered, to which he felt another shudder run down his spine. Maybe I should've just left these in the bank, He thought, considering the second thoughts he had in his mind before approaching Gina. After a few moments, he finally took a step.

Ahay! If I left it there those men would've taken it, and most probably would've done nasty things with it.

He composed himself as he spotted Gina behind the pulpit arranging some song lyrics. He probed the church with his gaze, making sure nobody was around before he approached.

"Hey, Sis Gina?" The woman lifted her gaze, taking her attention off the songbooks as she heard David's voice.

"Yes Pastor, is there anything you need?" She inquired, turning to his direction as she spoke.

"I- uh" David paused, not quite sure of how to begin the conversation. "Uhm..." Gina's inquiring eyes stared at him unaltered, anticipating for his reply.

"Yes?"

"Uhm," David took in a breath, finally coming up with words to say. "I was just wondering if you could do me a favor."

"Uhuh, what is it?"

"I'd like to request these clothes to be put to the laundry." Gina's smile widened, her grin now accompanied with a chuckle.

"Oh seriously Pastor, what's with all the fuss about that?" She joked, abrasively taking the pouch from David's grip into her arms. "I'd be more glad to-" Their gazes fell to the floor, Gina's speech halted mid-sentence as she stared at the undergarment that fell to the ground. An awkward silence filled their midst.

She lifted her gaze in astonishment.

"Uhm, P-pastor, why do you have a...?" For a moment David couldn't open his mouth, his being overwhelmed by embarrassment.

Oh Lord, how will I explain this? He queried in terror.

"Okay, Ginna let me explain-"

"D-did you...?" The look Gina flashed David told him everything ... and his eyes widened at the thought of it.

"Oh, good grief, no!" David retorted, "Gina. Stop whatever kind of thinking that's going on in your mind." He began, his palms unclenched towards the woman in front of him. "Please listen to me, it's nothing like that."

Gina sighed in relief, her gaze now lowered as she tried to come up with reasons why one of their most respected Pastors carried a woman's inner garment.