Chapter Thirty-Two

"GODDAMMIT! Someone get the door!" I shouted, from the bathroom as I wrapped a towel around my waist, and another one around my hair.

No one responded to me and the doorbell rang again for the fiftieth time in a row. I swore up and down I was gonna kill all four of them. Wherever the hell they were. Including Shel and Trixi. They didn't get a free pass just because they couldn't hear the damn thing. There were lights installed all over the house that went off in an annoying pattern whenever someone rang the doorbell.

Wearing nothing but the towels, I left the steaming bathroom and stomped down the stairs to the front door. Without even checking to see who it was, I threw it open, figuring I'd come face to face with one of my annoying family members.

That wasn't the case.

Instead, I stood in front of the two most beautiful people I'd ever seen in my life. Seriously. The man stood about six feet tall, and he looked like he'd spent a good chunk of time in the military. He had that really straight way of standing and his dark ochre eyes held that "I've-seen-shit" look. He had super dark, tanned, skin and his light brown hair was cut practically to his scalp.

The woman standing next to him, I vaguely recognized as someone I'd seen before, but I couldn't quite place her. She had skin that was a perfect golden color, and her hair was like long strands of silky honey. She had these eyes like emeralds and perfect angular features. She could wear a trash bag and it would've looked good.

Meanwhile, there I was still dripping wet, wrapped in mismatched hot pink and bright teal towels, that were ratty and falling to pieces. I was semi-mortified.

"Hi?" I squeaked out, my hands flying to the thin towel wrapped around my torso to make sure it didn't come apart and reveal... well, everything. "Can I help you?"

The woman's face brightened when she caught sight of me, for about ten seconds before she, caught sight of me. "Oh. So, you do still... Oh, uhm... Do you want to get dressed?" She and the man next to her blatantly stared at me, while I looked around, desperately hoping someone would come to my rescue.

No one did.

Despite the cold seeping in from outside, and the fact that I was wearing basically nothing in front of two total strangers, I decided to save face. So, I rolled my shoulders back and smiled at them like it was perfectly normal to answer the door in a skimpy blindingly pink towel. "No. I'm fine. How can I help you?"

I let the awkwardness settle around us like a warm safety blanket.

The man cleared his throat and nudged the woman, who was staring daggers at me like I'd killed her cat. "Oh, right. I came to see Grimm. You do remember me, don't you?"

All of a sudden it all came back to me, and the embarrassment came flooding to the surface once again. I instantly wished for the ground to open up and swallow me whole. "Celeste." Her name spilled out of my mouth before I could feign ignorance, and she nodded her head, her face set like stone.

"Right. I dated Grimm. I need to speak with him, it's important. Oh, and this is my brother, Gabriel." She hunkered down in her puffy, goose-poop green coat, as a sharp gust of wind blew around us.

"Nice to meet you. Come on in. I'll see if I can find him."

Right as I turned to go search for my idiot friend, the back door opened loudly and I heard a parade of feet stomping inside and coming closer and closer to the front entryway. All of a sudden, Grimm, Saber, and the twins all stood behind me, while I clumsily tried to keep my towels from betraying my modesty.