chapter 9

Kugelmugel whimpered as he heard Austria yelling over the phone in his office at Hungary. He didnt understand why that woman wanted him so much, Austria was his father after all, what did she haves to do with him?!. He thought as he bit away at a thin peice of yellow chalk.

Switzerland knocked on his door, kugelmugel quickly shoved his chalk under his pillow and wiped his mouth. "Come inside" he called back as Switzerland entered.

Switzerland didnt say a word as he sat down next to kugelmugel. "I'm sorry you have to hear all this" he held the others hand. Kugelmugel squeezed his hand "it's okay, miss Hungary and uncle Prussia do this allot but I dont understand why" he chocked back a sob. "Why would someone want rp take a child away from a sick man I do but understand it! There minds are not art!" He stammered.

Switzerland raised a brief to his words, did he know? Maybe he could gain some insight since Austria refused to say a word about his ailment.

"Sick? What kind of sick?" He asked, Kugelmugel looked around "well...he has this thing with his mind, he forgets things easily...there are days I worry because hs forgets meals but he says his medicine will make him better again" kugelmugel fiddles with his hands.

Switzerland put a hand on his back "does the medicine help him?" He asked quetly. Kugelmugel shrugged "im..I'm not sure" he said truthfully. "Mh, I won't ask anymore questions then" he looked out the window of the bedroom and watched as birds flew by.

"Mr Switzerland, are you ever...confused about, what you are?" He asked, gripping at his chest. Switzerland raised an eyebrow and nodded "a long time ago, i wished I was a girl" kugelmugel looked up, shocked at his words. "You did? What happened?" He asked.

"Well...its kinda scary, i was about 5 in human age and my boss sent me to this place...it was absolute hell, they don't do it now though but..." Switzerland shook his head and hugged kugelmugel. "If you feel like a girl I say go for it, don't do what I did" he whispered.

A tear trickled down kugelmugel's cheek "but- but what if i dont feel like either? Am I broken?" He questioned  and Switzerland swayed his head "no you're not broken, just different, maybe we can take you to a doctor and see hm?" He asked and pecked Kugelmugel on the head. "Okay mutti, can I be art?" The little art asked "of course"