𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XXXVII.

❝𝑨𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒆❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 her off times whens he left Forks after the Cullen's left, Eurydice had met a boy named Riley Biers. He was kind to her and the two quickly became friends. He never asked why she disappeared or randomly popped up. Eurydice liked that, he wasn't extremely curious. Currently the two were out at a bar talking and laughing. Eurydice stood at his side as they made jokes and comments. It was nice to have a human friend who didn't know about the supernatural world. Despite Eurydice's control not being the best. Being around Riley and the group of people in the bar was a struggle. Her eyes were dark as she stood there, her mouth watering with venom that she refused to let into anyone in the room. So, she distracted herself in any way possible. Eurydice had played a few rounds of pool and danced to some music while talking to strangers before she saw Riley's look and made her way back over to him, starting up a new conversation.

"Soooo Riley," Eurydice leaned against one of the cool wood tables, "How is Oregon University treating ya?"

"It's good. Different things here and there but overall not horrible." Eurydice nodded as she listened to Riley's answer before he added, "How are your boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"They are good. Been texting me all night making sure I don't get into any trouble." Eurydice gave a tight lipped grin.

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆, her two mates had been texting her all night since she had stepped foot into the bar. The two were worried about her being with that many humans alone but she assured them that she would be fine. Eurydice snapped out of her trance as Riley nodded at her.

"I need to get going, I'll text you later." Riley gave her a side hug before he managed to get through the crowd.

"BE CAREFUL!" Eurydice called out after him while he waved with a laugh.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 over to a window as the rain started to pour. Her nostrils picked up a scent that she wished she hadn't have picked up before she heard Riley's voice in the distance. Eurydice made her way out of the bar to hear Riley's screams echoing. She ran to find him as she felt his death nearing but when she made it to where his scent led her, he was nowhere to be seen. No more screams were heard and Eurydice was left in the silence as the rain poured down on her. Eurydice's eyes glossed over with tears that wouldn't fall as her anger only grew by the moment replacing her sadness.

"I'm going to kill whoever did this." She growled to herself as she looked up at the sky before her phone started ringing and she clicked ignore before she ran as fast as she could from the scene.

━━✶━━

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐓 back to the Cullen home late that night. Her brown curls were soaked with rainwater along with her clothes. Alice was first out the door as soon as she smelt Eurydice's scent and crossed her arms at the girl.

"Do you realize how worried I have been?! You could have gotten hurt.." Alice exclaimed as she looked over one of her mates.

"You would have seen it." Eurydice mumbled as she ran her hands through her wet curls, "I went hunting. I needed to clear my head."

Jasper was next out the door after Alice and he frowned, "Eurydice.." He felt the different waves of anger and sadness that had settled on the girl.

"Let's not right now, please." Eurydice sighed before adding, "Can someone bring me some clothes before Esme has a fit when I walk into the house looking like I just went swimming?"

"I will darlin'." Jasper kissed her head before disappearing back into the house.

Alice tilted her head before she realized something had happened. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked softly.

"Not now. Later we can," Eurydice caught the clothes that Jasper had thrown at her before grinning. "Thanks cowboy!"

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 care if they were watching or not as she changed before holding her wet clothes in her hands once she finished. Eurydice looked between her two mates who immediately looked away while Eurydice was trying not to laugh. Eurydice patted their shoulders and gave a playful wink before she spoke.

"Busteddd." Eurydice mumbled with a laugh before she walked right past her two mates and into the home.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 and threw her wet clothes into the shadows so she wouldn't get scolded by Esme as she made her way into the living room where she heard arguing between Newt and Emmett. She rolled her eyes at the two as she stood there watching the two fight over a WII game.

"You are the one who lost!" Newt pouted as he pointed to where Emmett lost Just Dance 1.

"I did not!" Emmett exclaimed as he pointed back at the screen, "You did!"

"It has a crown by MY name!" Newt exclaimed as he threw his hands up.

"Hey! Both of you are losers compared to me." Eurydice smirked playfully as she broke up the fight.

Newt rolled his eyes at his sister's words, "Oh great she's back."

"And she still thinks we are losers compared to her." Emmett stage whispered, "She's wrong."

"I heard that." Eurydice rolled her eyes with a laugh.

"We know!" 

"Now that is just dirty."

"Eurydice!" Esme's voice broke the three's conversation up. "Why is your hair soaking wet?!"

"Uh I became a land mermaid?" 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━