'Bye'- Chapter 7

‘Bye’ – Chapter 7

Laura’s POV*

            “Boom, boom, boom, boom” I hear him coming up the steps. My heart is pounding. I’m screwed now. “Thanks Ness” I say to her through my mind sarcastically. “Your Welcome.” She replies. I can just feel her smiling. *Knock, Knock* “Who is it?” I ask, already knowing whom it is. “ It’s Ross.” He says through the door. “What do you want?” I ask sternly. “Can we talk please?” He says. I sigh then figure something out. I vamp speed all around my room grabbing a bag and putting shorts and a sports bra on, and a sweater to cover it all. I grab my house keys, car keys, towel, gym lock, headphones, and headband with hair ties. I stuff it all into a bag and put on some sneakers. I then go back to regular speed and open the door. “Hey.” He says. “Oh Hi.” I reply. “Can we talk?” He asks, “Listen Ross. I gotta go, we can talk some other time.” I reply walking out of my room shutting my door. “Where are you going?” He asks. “To the gym.” I reply. “At this hour? We have school tomorrow.” He replies. “Listen. I have to go.” I reply walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grab a water bottle and fill it with cold water while Ross follows me around like a lost puppy. “Why are you following me?” I ask sternly. “Because I want to talk to you.” He replies. I put my water bottle in my bag and head for the door. “Sorry. Ross I gotta go.” I reply “B-” He tries to speak as I walk out of the house shutting the door. I look back to make sure he isn’t following me and I don’t see him. “Where are you going? Why are you avoiding him?!” Ness’ mind says to me. “I’m going to the gym to work out.” I reply. “It’s 9:02. You have school tomorrow. Now why did you ignore him?!” She replies. I unlock the car and go into the drivers seat starting the car. “Bye Ness. I’ll see you later.”  I reply smirking. I can sense she is pissed at me, but oh well.  I drive to the nearest gym using a GPS to lead me the way. I arrive and head inside. The place was completely empty. No staff. No people. Nobody. I’m finally all alone, where I can think freely. I put my stuff in a locker and grab my phone and a pair of headphones. I put on a playlist; the first song to play is ‘Take A Walk’ By Passion Pit. I get on the treadmill and start running. That’s when the thoughts start to take over. I spend my entire time at the gym thinking about Ross. My feelings are starting to develop for him and I refuse to accept it. But maybe there is a part of me that is blossoming to like him. He can’t know that I am a vampire though. I don’t want to put that thought into his head and make him want to be this way. Okay. I’ll talk to him and allow him to know, UGHH!! I don’t want him to be a vampire. He can’t loose his life. I wont allow it! My life was taken from me; I never chose to be this way. I wanted to live a life and then let it end naturally. If I tell him he might do what he did before. Try to convince me to let him become one. Ughh I need to stop. I’ll tell him. I guess. Oh my god! Why can’t I just hide forever? I get off of the treadmill and go to my gym locker. I grab my bag and head out of the gym, my headphones still in, currently playing ‘Counting Stars’ By One Republic. I get in and start the car driving home. The time is currently 2:46 in the morning. Oh well. As soon as I get home and walk through the door I see Vanessa vamp speed down the steps and to the front door where I stand. Now face to face. “Why did you ignore him?” She says clearly pissed at my behavior. “Because I needed time to think and while I was at the gym I thought about everything.” I reply. “Soo, what’s the verdict? Are you gonna speak to him?” She asks. “Yes I am. But when I want to.” I reply leaving the conversation and vamp speeding up stairs into my bedroom before she asks any more questions. I drop my bag next to my desk and head into my bathroom with my phone. I turn on my music and let it play as I take a shower.

“One of a kind, Livin in a world gone plastic, Baby you’re so classic.” I sing as I get out of the shower. I shut my phone off and walk into my room. I go to my closet and put on a pair of blue shorts and a white tank top. I go to the bathroom to dry my hair and then head back to my room. I snuggle up into my bed and fall asleep. Nice and peacefully.