'Preparations and Questions'- Chapter 8

‘Preparations and Questions’- Chapter 8

Laura’s POV*

            I beat my alarm waking up. I am so excited  for tomorrow! The only reason I am going to school today is because I am going to hand out the invitations. I get up and turn my alarm off. I vamp speed to the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I walk out and head to my closet. I grab a black tank top, black jeans, my maroon leather jacket,  black pumps, gold and black flower necklace, and red lipstick with a coating of shiny clear lip-gloss. I went to my bathroom to do my hair and then walked out grabbing my phone, which had a leather case. I walked into Ness’ room to find her still sleeping. I vamp speed towards her desk and grab the invitations. “Hey Laura.” She says standing next to me. “Hey Ness.” I reply walking out with the huge stack of invitations. “Hey Ell!!” I say as he walks out of his room. “Oh hey Laur.” He replies. “Can you guys come with me to school so I can hand out the invitations?” I ask. “Sure” They both say at the same time. (Vanessa (Is supposed to be) and Riker are both in 12th grade and Laur, Rydel, Ross, Ell, and Rocky. Are in 11th. They are just on different sides and locations.)  They go to get dressed as I walk down stairs. I grab a blood bag from the basement. I keep an extra fridge in the basement for my blood bags, Ness has no idea about that. Muahha. I walk back upstairs into the kitchen and grab 3 cups pouring the blood evenly into the three. Ness and Ell vamp speed down the steps as soon as they catch the scent. “Is this from humans?” They ask at the same time. “Yes.” I reply as I hand them each a cup. We all drink. “This is delicious” Ness says. “You should go to England.” Ell says smirking as he takes another sip. “Shut up about England Ell!! I really want to go now because of that.” I reply finishing my cup. I place my cup in the sink and head towards the door. Ell and Ness vamp speed next to me and we head to my car.

            After 6 minutes of driving we finally reached the school. “C’mon lets go hand out the invitations!!” I exclaim getting out of the drivers seat and grabbing the stack of invitations. I divide them into three piles and hand them to Ness and Ell. “Okay just give them to everyone you see.” I reply walking towards the school Ell following me and Ness walking the other way. We walk toward my locker and I see Ross and Rydel. “Hey guys.” I say walking up to the them. I give Ross a kiss on the cheek leaving an imprint of my red lipstick. “Hey Laura.” Rydel says. Ellington then walks over to her and gives her a kiss. “Hey Laur.” Ross says smiling and blushing. “Hey Rossy.” I reply “Have you told him about you? Or us?” Ell asks through his mind. “No, not yet. The last time he found out he wanted to become a vampire. I had to compel him to forget about that.” I reply. I then wipe off the red on Ross’ cheek. “Sorry about that.” I say as I get the last of it off his cheek. “Nah its fine. So are we still on for that date tonight?” He asks. “Sure.” I reply. “Aw!” Rydel exclaims. I give her a look. She turns back to Ell. I giggle and speak once again. “I have to hand out these invitations and then I’m gonna leave.” I say “So you aren’t gonna stay for classes?” Ross asks. “I can’t. But I am very excited for our date tonight. And I have to decorate our ballroom and get everything ready. And find a dress for tomorrow.” I reply. “Okay, I guess. Be ready by 7:30.” He responds. “Okay. I can’t wait.” I say walking off and handing out invitations to everyone I see. Ell and I  hand out invitations and meet up with Ness at the front doors. “Hey did you see Riker?” I ask. She nods and we walk out of the school. We stop by a party shop and get everything we need. We got our separate masks and our dresses while Ell got a tux. “Do you guys remember the old fancy balls?” I ask reminiscing about the olden days. “Yea they were awesome.” Ell responds as Ness nods in agreement. Cups, napkins, plates, supplies. We also hired a catering service and some waiters. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. We head home and vamp speed all around the ballroom decorating it. We finish 30 minutes later and it looks amazing. I head over to Ell and Ness and pull them in for a hug. They hug back and then we pull apart. “This looks amazing!” Ness says astonished of our work. “We did a pretty kick ass job.” Ell says as Ness and I giggle.  I check the time. 7:30. “Okay I got to go see you tonight. We are going to go on a late night hunt.” I say. They nod and then vamp speed into separate rooms. I can hear Ell play the drums in the music room as Ness is playing an arcade game in the arcade room. I vamp speed towards the door sensing somebody there. Most likely Ross. He knocks the door and I wait 30 seconds before answering. “Hey Laur.” He says clearly nervous. I giggle “Hey Rossy.” I reply before walking out with him and shutting the door. We walk to his car and drive to the park I see a beautiful picnic under fairy lights. I then turn to face Ross. “This is beautiful.” I say. He chuckles “I wanted to do something special.” He responds. “Thanks” I respond as we walk over to the picnic.