Chapter 1

Peridot let out a heavy sigh as she walked through the crowded hallway. She stopped at her locker and unlocked it, sliding some of her things besides a few notebooks and pens inside of it. Then she felt someone lean against her. "Heyyy Dot!" Amethyst smirked up at the only slightly taller girl. Peridot let out a soft smile. "Oh, hey, Amethyst." She shut her locker, turning towards Amethyst to talk to her again, but before she could speak, she was shoved against a locker.

She yelped and looked up at the blue haired girl, she was wearing a choker and a tank-top, a jacket over the tank-top. "Hey, loser." She smirked and released Peridot, shoving her to the ground as she walked off again. Peridot adjusted her glasses and slowly got up. Amethyst rushed over. "Dot! Are you ok?! That bitch is gonna pay..." She growled and helped Peridot stand.

"It's.. fine Ams. It's always been this way. I'm ok." She sighed. Amethyst frowned sadly and shook her head. "Ok.. But you can always talk to me. I've known you for 6 years." Peridot nodded. "Thank you..." Peridot then began to walk off to her first class, which was science, after waving bye to Amethyst.

Unfortunately, Lapis was in her first period. Peridot sat in the back, trying to avoid the gazes of the other students. 

She heard the teacher talking about a partner project, and saying that he was going to choose the partners. Peridot nervously looked around. She didn't know anyone there except Lapis and... that wouldn't work... Lapis obviously hated her. 

The teacher called out partners for each of the other students. Then he got to Lapis. "You will work with Peridot." 

Peridot yelped, her eyes widening as she started to nervously sweat. 'no no no....' she thought to herself. Then the bell rang. 

She saw Lapis approaching her and she felt panicked. 

"Hey, you can come to my house after school. Here." Lapis handed Peridot a piece of paper with her number on it. She had an unreadable expression on her face... Peridot was confused. "O-ok..?" She bit her lip and began to leave the class.