Chapter 5

Peridot stopped in front of her locker and began to open it, when suddenly there was a tap on her shoulder. "Hey Ameth- oh uh-uhm.. hey Lapis." She smiled softly. "Hey, so I was.. wondering something... do you wanna maybe.." She toned her voice down to a whisper, "Skip school with me? I wanna talk to you about something.." 

"W-what?.. Uhm.. Well, ok.." She and Lapis began to walk out of the school, towards Lapis's car, and Peridot sat in the passenger side. Lapis started the car and drove them to a nearby park. Pulling into a parking spot and stopping the car, she turned to Peridot. "So, I wanted to tell you about something..."

"What.. is it?" Peridot shifted slightly in her seat, looking at Lapis. "I... Never hated you. And I never wanted to hurt you, and I'm so sorry... I was.. I was trying to hide my feelings. I didn't want you to know how I felt about you. Because... I like you, Peridot.. I have.. Since 8th grade..." 

Peridot bit her lip, and stared at Lapis. She was still processing everything. "Lapis... I...didn't know that..." She slowly slid her hand over Lapis's, and blushed softly, Lapis blushed as well. Lapis gripped her hand and smiled. "so... Do you wanna come over to my house?.. Maybe start over?.."

"Yeah, I'd like that..." Peridot blushed more, pushing up her glasses, and chuckling. Lapis pulled out of the parking spot and drove to her house, still holding Peridots hand. 

They made it to Lapis's house, her parents weren't home. She walked into the house, holding open the door for Peridot. "Thank you..." She walked in and sat on the couch. Lapis sat beside her and looked over. "So.. tell me more about you, Peridot... Since we're starting over.."

"Well.. I live with my friend Steven.. My dad kicked me out a year ago.. He was a heavy drinker. Um.. I really like books.. I'm a nerd.. honestly." 

Lapis smirked. "You're a cute nerd..." She whispered to herself. "I'm sorry about your dad.. My.. parents don't support anything I do.. They would hurt me if they found out I liked you.. It's a big reason I hid my feelings.."

"Oh.. I'm so sorry Lapis.. Well.. They're not here now.. And you don't need to hide your feelings right now.." She smiled as she blushed. Lapis leaned close to Peridot, smirking still. "You're right.. And I kinda don't wanna hide them right now." She pressed her lips to Peridot's, closing her eyes. 

When suddenly, her front door opened.