Chapter 7

Peridot groaned as her alarm went off. She woke and looked over towards the side where Lapis fell asleep last night, to see it empty. A confused look arose on her face and she stood up, walking out into the kitchen as she heard soft humming coming from it. She saw the beautiful tan blue haired girl in the kitchen, in front of the stove, holding a pan above the oven, with what looked like a pancake on it. 

Peridot sniffed at the air and smiled softly. "That smells delicious, oh my gosh..." Lapis smirked. "I'm making us breakfast. I figured... It's the least I could do to show how grateful I am for you letting me stay..." She set a stack of two pancakes on two plates, handing one to Peridot, as she sat at the table beside her. She poured some syrup on both their pancake stacks as she began eating. 

Peridot took a soft bite, her mouth forming into a wide grin. "Oh my stars! These are amazing!" Lapis blushed and giggled. "Thanks." She set her fork down and sighed as she looked worriedly at her food. Peridot took notice at this and frowned sadly. "Hey, what's wrong?" Lapis looked up and met those beautiful green eyes that had worry laced over them. "I'm just.. scared. What if my dad finds me here?... He'll probably kill us both..."

Peridot reached her hand out and held Lapis', looking at her with a comforting smile. "It will be ok, I promise. Whatever happens, we'll go through it together." Lapis smiled and hugged Peridot softly. Then she slowly pulled away, smirking. 

"Peridot?" Lapis said.

"Yeah?"

"You have syrup on your face." She laughed with a cute snort.