Chapter 2

Peridot arrived home after school. She lived in a small apartment with Steven. She hung her hoodie up on the small coatrack near the door, and pulled the small piece of paper Lapis handed her out of her pocket. She gave it a long look and took a deep breath. She decided to text her. 

She pulled her phone out and typed out the text. She then hit send.

'Hey, It's Peridot. Do you want me to come over now?'

She anxiously waited for a response. She was scared. What if Lapis hurt her? What if she made more fun of her? Why did she seem different earlier?

Then her phone buzzed, and she picked it up, looking at the text from Lapis, biting her lip.

'Yeah, sure.. come over.'

Peridot sent a quick 'ok' then she headed out the door. Lapis sent her the address, and she didn't live far. So Peridot just walked. She didn't really have a car either... She usually took the bus places. 

Once she arrived, she nervously knocked quietly at Lapis' door. Then it opened. Her house was small and light blue. It seemed no cars were in the driveway, besides a dark blue Toyota, which she assumed was Lapis'. "Hey, come on in." Lapis said in a monotone voice, moving so Peridot could come in.

Peridot rubbed the back of her neck and took a seat. "So I uhm.. I guess I could.. Do the presentation part.. And you can do the.. writing.. i-if that's okay.." 

Lapis nodded. "Yeah that's... fine. Geez, calm down.." Peridot flushed and looked down. "I'm sorry." Lapis looked over, sighing. Then she spoke quietly. "Don't apologize." She began to write, and Peridot began the presentation.

As they worked, it got later and later. Surprisingly, nothing bad seemed to happen, actually, they began to laugh and get along. Peridot realized some things about Lapis she never realized before, like how her deep blue eyes sparkled when she laughed. She also couldn't help but notice Lapis seemed to look over at Peridot every few seconds as they worked. 

Lapis yawned slightly and looked to the other girl. "Do you want to.. take a break..?" Peridot looked up and nodded. 

It grew silent in the room. Then Peridot just had to ask. "Why.. do you seem so different..? Don't you like.. hate me?.." Lapis frowned slightly and looked away. Then she muttered. "I don't hate you.. I never have..." Peridot blushed softly. So did Lapis. Peridot noticed Lapis scoot slightly closer to her, and she began to lean in. Peridot leaned in as well, and she felt Lapis' breath against her lips... the gap almost closed when...

Lapis then pushed Peridot away. "Ugh! What the hell are you doing?!" She stood up. Peridot panicked and looked confused. "W-what?.. But.. you.. I-.." She stuttered out. "Ugh! Get out of my house!" She seemed to blush as she yelled at the shorter girl. Her voice almost seemed...Sad.

Peridot quickly grabbed her things and scrambled out of the house, feeling tears bubbling up and down her face, as she ran home. Thoughts racing.

She knew she shouldn't have sent that text.