Chapter 3

That night Peridot got home, she ran to her room, continuing to cry as she laid on her bed. The tears fell as she slowly drifted off to sleep. The next morning, she didn't go to school. She was scared. Scared of Lapis hurting her. Scared of so many things.

She then got a text from Amethyst.

'Hey are u coming to school today, Dot?'

She replied,

'No. something happened.'

'Oh geez.. I'm on my way Dot.'

'Aren't you in school?..'

'You're more important than school, Peri.'

Peridot smiled slightly at Amethyst's texts. Then, she heard a knock on her window. She stood and opened it. The short girl crawled into her room, and sat on Peridot's bed. "Whats wrong, dude? What happened?"

Peridot sighed as she sat beside Amethyst. "Yesterday me and Lapis got assigned as partners for a project... and I went over to her house to work on it... And we were actually getting along surprisingly, and we..." She gulped. "We almost...kissed."

Amethyst spun her head around and her eyes went wide. "What? Lapis Lazuli, the girl who literally beat you up, kissed you?!" Peridots eyes slowly looked away. "We didn't actually kiss.. we almost did.. she was the one to lean in first, and as soon as we were about to.. she pushed me away and acted as if it was my fault.. it.. hurt. for some reason..."

"Oh Dot... I'm so sorry... Don't worry about it.. she's not worth the trouble.. at least you don't like her that way anyway." Amethyst smiled softly. Peridot rubbed her neck. "Well.. I think.. I am starting to like her.. In a fucked up way.. I like her."

Amethyst shook her head. "Peri.. That's not a good idea... but I'll try and help you through this.. ok?" She gave her a hug. Peridot wrapped her arms around Amethyst and hugged her back. "Thank you..."