Chapter Twenty-Three: The End.

Jinxx/Mystic's POV
~~
Deviant dropped, ash reaching his neck. He screamed.

Deviant! What's happening? I asked.

My mind suddenly went blank, my senses numbing. Darkness fought to take control, but I fought back.

Jet came running towards us.

"Don't." I commanded him, I wasn't letting anyone get hurt.

He seemed confused but saw how far the ash had gotten, nodded then left to inform the others.

We won't lose, we have to stop the Reaper...

___________________________
Jake/Mourner's POV
~~
I felt something inside me shift. Looking down I saw the ash progressed considerably since arriving into the city.

The ash in the air was infecting everyone.

I had to tell the Killjoys but something has happening. I knew my power was connecting with the dead and the living as well as control over a black mist, but ash and smoke in it's purest form? I don't know if I could expel the ash from my body.

I had to try.

I heard Ashley and Andy screaming. Jinxx was fighting it. CC was calm but not in a good way.

I gathered my power and surged the energy within me.

The next thing I knew, there was a Shadow that looked human lying on the ground. My ash was gone.

I did it.

I ran to the others and surged their light-filled souls within their bodies expelling the ash from them too.

"Mourner?" Deviant asked, "What happened?"

"Near-disaster that's what. Now c'mon, we have a city to help save."

We followed the sound of gunfire to a factory-like room.

Through the fight, I noted that Kobra and Siren were hidden behind a console in the far back corner while everyone else was by equipment. Killjoys and Sixers didn't have the chance to destroy equipment as the Shadows, citizens, Dracs and 'Crows were right behind them trying to stop their plan.

"We can't do this on our own!" Yelled a Sixer, fighting a Drac as she tried to shut off the machines.

Mystic ran into the fight, "I got you! Everyone out!"

Prophet used his telekinesis to push everyone into the hallway. We cleared the room and Mystic set the whole room on fire.

The tide turned and soon Killjoys, Sixers and us Wild Ones we're chasing the Dracs, 'Crows, Shadows and citizens back into the main lobby.

As we ascended, Mystic kept setting fires and soon, the whole floor was up in flames.

"Des, take it down!" He called.

A fire-resistance spell was cast on him and he went towards the center. Moments later, the floor caved and we all ran out of the building. We all watched as Better Living HQ crumbled to the ground.

______________________
Mikey/Kobra's POV
~~
As the building crumbled and panic on both sides ensued, I took the chance to grab Siren and run to the electrical grid. We climbed to the top of the tower and began to set up.

We had managed to grab the LightMind protocol sequence when we entered the Pill Lab. It contained the codes for each victim of the LightMind Miracle Pill. We cut off all power to Battery City and sent out a frequency to stop the Pill.

Citizens began to scream and dropped like flies; their blue barcodes stopped glowing.

Their behaviors became more human and less Shadow-like. The ash was still ever-present however.

I noticed an android atop another building, black hair and dark eyes, watching the scene with intensity. What bothered me was the fact that it wasn't one of those BL/ind droids either.

The fight wasn't over yet, I radioed Dr. Death.

"Ready!"

We made some adjustments to the frequency and soon anything with a speaker became a channel for individuality.

Music began to blare throughout the city.

We got down from the tower and headed back to the fight.

Party, Jet and Fun had Korse surrounded and in the blink of an eye, he was dead.

Red and Queen we're running around, ripping off Drac and 'Crow masks.

Mystic performed a spell and the Reaper dissolved into ash, wrapped in chains. The Shadows disappeared at the same time. The citizens' ash marks faded quickly.

I heard him say, "It won't end here."

Five human-shaped Shadows disappeared and the android from earlier was closer, hiding in an alley.

I raised my gun at it and shot a bullet through it's head.

I turned around and saw that the fight was over.

Better Living's tyranny was over.

We had won.