Chapter 4: In Waterton Lake

The next day at school, in school recess, The students are having a school break before going back to class. They are playing chess, soccer, every type of plaything. Some girls are seen gossiping and everything is calm. Moira, Summer, Hannah, Darby and their friends are talking to each other, while Dave is talking with the boys.

"Yesterday, the new girls appeared in our school, girls." said Moira.

"Yes, I saw Moira talking to Sally and Ophelia during class." said Mindy.

"She took a photo of us with profiles about us!" said Hannah.

"The orange-haired girl?" Lania asked.

"Who? Me?" Larissa was confused.

"No, Larissa. Not you, the other orange-haired girl with a blue catsuit!" said Roberta.

"and the nerdy one? Where is she?" Cheryl asked.

Moira puts her hands in her hips. "She is coming, Cheryl. The teacher and the principal will never know how they get here yesterday." she told her. As the girls are chatting, Sally and Ophelia are hidden on a tree, without being seen by somebody. She grabs her binoculars and sees the girls still talking to each other.

"There they are, the elemental mermaids are chatting with their enemies, except for Mindy." she said.

"How do you know her name?" Sally asked.

"I don't want to talk to these girls in that catsuit." Ophelia opened her backpack and grabs her school uniform as she takes off her catsuit, much to Sally's embarrasment.

"Ophelia, you should use the restroom to put the uniform on!" she chided her as Ophelia breathed after putting her uniform on.

"That's better. If the students find out that I am looking for a criminal, they'll laugh at me!"

Then, Ophelia walked towards the same spot where the girls are chatting. Lania sees her as she pins her down to the ground, ready to attack her as she mistakes her for a enemy. "Do you know her?"

"Ophelia! What are you doing with Lania? Let go!" said Moira.

"Oh, sorry." Ophelia smiled sheepishly as she stops attacking Lania.

"Nice uniform." said Roberta.

"Yes, she wears a uniform, her parents bought it in a store." Sally replied.

"Are they the new girls?" Milly whispered in Summer's ear.

"Of course they are, Milly." Summer replied as she walks next to Sally. "So, Sally. Do you want to go to Waterton Lake after school?"

"Waterton Lake? But, we are looking for a person in the city."

"Please, Sally. I went to a picnic in the lake, you're gonna love it!" said Hannah.

Moira lifted a bit of ground to resemble a mountain before putting her arm on it. "You can take your friend Ophelia too."

In Waterton Elementary School, Loretta and Darlene are studying about science education. They imagine themselves as two scientists creating some experiments. Loretta pours a orange chemical in another test tube, mixing it. Darlene grabs a flower and places it in the table as her friend pours the mixed chemical on it, the flower becomes bigger as the duo observes in awe.

"Mrs. Darlene, that was a perfect experiment. Everyone will love to smell the bigger flower." she said.

"and no one will care about the flower, Mrs. Loretta." said Darlene as the scene changes to reality.

"Teacher, do flowers have pollen?"

The teacher got up as she answers her question. "Flowers produce pollen, Loretta. That's a good question."

"Yes!" Loretta put her fist in the air. "Nothing's impossible."

"That's all." Darlene smiled. "Have your sister got a new friend?"

"Yeah, she said that her name is Sally."

"Sally who?"

"Sally McNally."

Twelve hours later, Moira, Summer, Hannah, Darby, Sally and Ophelia are in Waterton Lake. The Lake is a mixture of Albert Park with the Lakes of Australia. It has green grass, some trees and blue water. It has a quay where everybody can jump in the lake to relax and swim. The girls walked peacefully as they are looking for a spot for Sally to jump in the water.

"This lake is incredible. Is that Waterton Lake?" she asked.

"Yes, Sally." Darby explained. "I had a aunt who was a swimmer in Olympic Games."

"Oh.." Sally smiled as she adjusted her glasses.

"My parents took me in the lake for a picnic." said Hannah.

"Everybody jumps in the lake when the summer holidays come every year." said Moira as she leads her friends to the quay. "This is it." she said as she puts her hands in her hips. "The water might be magic at times, It can turn a person into a mermaid or merman."

"I'm feeling nervous, do any of you girls have a buoy?" Sally trembled with fear.

Summer kneeled as she unzips Sally's pants and pulled them down. "We don't have buoys, Sally." she told her before removing her shoes and socks.

"Girls, I don't have a swimsuit!" Sally explained as she sees her white panties with yellow stars. "May I put my pants?"

"Oh, no, no, no." Darby calmed her down. "You can do that!"

"You heard her, Sally." said Ophelia.

"May I remove your sweater?" Hannah removed Sally's sweater, which reveals her matching white bra.

"Hmmm......" Moira put her hand in her chin in thought. "Mermaids don't wear glasses." she removes Sally's glasses as her vision becomes blurry. "Jump in the water."

"What?! How am I gonna see everything without my glasses?"

"Don't worry about your glasses. Just jump in the water." Ophelia encouraged her as Sally runs on the quay before jumping into the water.

After jumping in the water, Sally finds herself underwater as her body begins to change magically, turning her into a mermaid with a green bra and a fish-like tail in the same color. She gasps in surprise as she attempts to scream, only to Moira jump in the water, this time with her mermaid form.

"Don't scream, It's allright." she said.

"The water turned me into a mermaid. How a mermaid can do?" Sally explained.

"Follow me." Moira told her as Summer, Hannah and Darby jumped in the lake in their mermaid forms.

"Now you gotta learn to act like a mermaid, Sally."

The girls, except for Ophelia, swimmed in the lake in order to teach Sally to act like a mermaid and how a mermaid does. The girls reminds their time in Waterton Beach and the magic pearl that turned them into mermaids to succeed their previous mermaids, the original Elemermaids.