Chapter 29

"What were you thinking!" Ricky says. He pulls me in for a hug.

I don't hug him back but let him hug me. I feel empty because I just cried so much.

"I was so worried!" He exclaims.

I push him away from me and start walking away. He grabs my arm.

"I'm not letting you go alone when it's almost night." His look is stern.

"Then take me home." I whisper.

"No, first we need to talk." He slumps his shoulders a little like trying to relax after looking for me. "What was that at Nash's and Cameron's house?"

"A mistake." I whisper because there isn't anything left of my voice.

"What were you trying to do?"

I sigh.

"Tell me."

"I was trying to kiss you! Haven't you noticed I've been a big fan of you, well that wasn't just to be friends!" I yell. I have nothing to lose now, he's probably disgusted anyways.

"Why."

"Because I like you Ricky. Isn't it obvious." I say a little softer then before.

Then he does something I didn't expect him to do. He walks closer to me and takes my hands in his.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looks pained or something.

"Because I thought you were just friends with me to not hurt my feelings."

"No, I was friends with you because I liked you."

"Why didn't you want to kiss me then." I let go of his hands remembering the weird look on his face when I tried to kiss him.

"I saw you holding Nash's hands, I thought..." He whispers, coming closer to me.

"I was just comforting him." I say.

And with that he closes the distance between us and kisses me. This is what I've waited for for years. his lips are soft as he lovingly keeps kissing me. I smile into the kiss and feel him smile with me.

The butterflies in my stomach are literally everywhere, all over the place exploding.

We break the kiss then and he hugs me. "I'll take you home now."

~~~

I open the door to our apartment and turn the lights on. Ricky is texting someone.

"Lucy is on her way with Cameron." He says.

"Text her to go out with Nash, he needs them more than I do." I respond, my throat still a little raw and scratchy.

I turn around and walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab the water filter can. I grab a glass and pour myself some water, l turn around and face Ricky.

"Do you want a glass?"

He shakes his head while I drink my water. I love it how you can feel cold water entering your throat.

"Let's get you to bed." He says while taking my hand and focusing his eyes on me. I lead us to my bedroom and he sits on the bed while I go to the bathroom to freshen up.

I get out of the bathroom, grab a pair of pjs and walk back in again. Ricky is looking at my books again.

I dress into my Squidward pjs and walk out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask Ricky.

Ricky's P.O.V.: (New, let's see how is goes)

"Will you stay with me?" She whispers.

"Of course I will." I say. How could she ever think I don't like her.

I fell in love with her dark blue eyes like the ocean, never ending, and her dark curls, I wish I could touch them forever.

I felt a bond when she first hugged me and melted into me. But when she started talking I was sold, her voice so fragile but strong at the same time.

That's when I felt the need to spend my days with her.

While I'm thinking the handsome brunette asks me if I want a pair of pjs but I politely decline, smiling.

Anna gets under the covers and I follow. She curls up in a small ball and I feel the need to hold her.

I snake my arms around her and pull her close so we're spooning. She turns around and smiles.

I lightly peck her lips and feel her head on my shoulder. Her hair is spread all over me but I don't mind.

I watch her fall asleep and struggle in her dreams. I remember her telling me her favourite place I the pier so I went immediately, thank god I did.

I remember every conversation clear, I remember how she looked at me with an expression of happiness and that happiness never ended until a few hours ago.

But now it's back and I'm so happy, so happy it's back. She lights me up when I'm down and I hope she keeps doing it. I fall asleep.