bad past//v.

I wake up with a smile on my face. I do the usual, stretch, slip on a bikini and a pair of running shorts and my running shoes. Instead of surfing I decide I'll go on a quick run. I go out into the kitchen to see my whole family sitting out. Dad is reading the local news, Kaden is eating an orange, Johnny and mum are making breakfast. I make my presence known. "Morning love." Mum says to me, sending me a kiss, I smile back at her. "Good morning!" I say in a chirpy voice. Kaden turns his head, "What's got you so happy?" I roll my eyes at him, "What can I not just be happy to see my lovely family in the morning?" I say kissing his cheek. He smiles and I ruffle his hair. " Johnny passes me a glass of orange juice and sends me and Kaden a smirk. "No, she's all giddy because of that Luke boy." Everyone seems to freeze at his words. "Boy? What boy? You're too young for boys!" Kaden says, shooting from his seat. I roll my eyes and drink some of my juice. "First of all, I'm 17 not 7. Second of all, Luke is just a.." I say, pausing in between to try to find the right words. "good friend." I say, giving my family all smiles. I set my dish in the sink, grab my phone and tie my hair up in a ponytail. I walk around to each of my family members and give each of them a kiss on the cheek before turning around. "Bye guys I'll be home in an hour."

-

I love going on morning runs. I was running down a street in Lahaina, I turned my gaze, watching the ocean. I was too caught up in the beauty of the glistening water, making me run right into someone. The person caught both of my arms and I began to apologize. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was goin-" The person's laugh cut me off, the sound making me freeze. I could recognize that laugh anywhere. I slowly looked up to see him. Scott Nicholson, my ex boyfriend. I silently gulped. "Sadie Slater.." He trailed off, looking me in the eyes and still holding my arms. "You always have been a sight for sore eyes." He said, not breaking his gaze.

I huffed and pulled myself out of his arms. "What the hell do you want Scott?" I asked, annoyed. "Oh come on, don't be like that. I just wanted to see you Sadie, you've been ignoring my calls and all of my messages." I rolled my eyes. "What so you decide to follow me instead?" He laughed slightly before stepping towards me again. I stepped back and put my hand up to stop him. "Look Scott, I think I made myself pretty clear last time, that that would be the last time you talked to me." I said before trying to walk past him.

"Hey." He roughly grabs my wrist and pulls me back. I cringe from the pain caused by his tight hold. "We aren't done talking." He said sternly. "Ow! Scott let go you're hurting me!" I try to pull my hand away but he was too strong. He laughs softly before licking his lips and smirking at me. "I told you we aren't done talking Sadie." His hand tightens around my wrist even more, sure to leave a mark. I was now on the verge of tears, my wrist feeling as though it would pop off at any moment.

"I think the girl said she was done talking to you." I heard a stern voice say, I whip my head around to see Luke. He was standing a few feet away, shirtless and sweaty looking like he just got done running. He walks towards us, which causes Scott to pull me closer to him as I continue to try and pull away. Luke comes and stands in front of us. "Let her go mate." He said, glaring at Scott.

Scott lowly chuckled, shaking his head. He looked up and had a glare competition with Luke for a moment before licking his lip and looking down at me with a harsh glare. He yanked my wrist closer to him one more time, leaning in to whisper in my ear. "We aren't finished Slater." He shoved my back, causing me to fall on the ground in front of Luke. Scott sends us one last glare before turning around and walking off.

I sat up and hissed slightly in pain. I had a large scrape on my knee and my wrist was slightly swollen and had bruises already forming. Luke was quick to kneel down next to me. His worried eyes racked over my body checking my injuries. "Sadie are you okay?" I nod and he helps me off of the ground. I brush myself off. "Who even was that guy?" I stiffen slightly but ignore the vile feelings coming up. I shook my head and looked down, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear nervously. "N-no one. Just a b-bad past I g-guess." I say, my words slightly trembling. I didn't realize that I was shaking until Luke took one of my hands in his. "Sadie.." I look into his eyes desperately and shake my head. He looks at me with a sadden face but nods, respecting my privacy. "Come on, you can come back to mine and I'll help you clean that up." He sighs, pointing to the scrape on my leg.