you're together?//ix.

Sadie

Waking up this morning was easy. A smile placed brightly on my face as I got ready in my red bikini and black shorts. I loosely tied my hair in a bun, taking the stairs two at a time to get to the kitchen. My dad sat at the table with his coffee and the morning paper as I skipped around the kitchen, humming the song Luke sang to us the other night. 

My dad cleared his throat, placing the paper down and studied me. He got up and leaned over the island to look at me with his knowing father look.

"Alright, what happened?" I gave him an innocent look, pretending not to know what he was talking about. He raised one eyebrow and I caved. I cracked a big smile at him, walking around the island and leaning next to him.

"You know that talk that we had the other night? About getting back up on your board and trying again until you find the perfect wave?" He nodded. 

"I've found mine." My dad smiled at me, pulling me in for a hug. He kissed my forehead whispering something about how Luke better treat me well. We pulled away and I told him I was going out for a run. He nodded, tossing me a water bottle and an apple.

"Hey! Be home by 5:00 we have training!" I yelled an okay, already running out the door.

I ran my normal route, cutting through a few beach-parks. I cut through the streets of lahaina, running all the way down by Black Rock. I passed the big hotels and condos, watching families get out of their rented vans with big smiles on their faces.  I smiled, continuing through my route. I made it all the way down to Shark Pit beach before taking a break at a table in the sand. I cringed as I sat down, catching my breath and wiping the sweat from my forehead.

I watched someone dive into the water, letting out a loud yell as he did so. Soon after, a girl jumped in as well. I watched as the two circled together in the water, splashing each other. 

"How cute." I slightly jumped at the sudden voice behind me. I turned my head, coming face to face with a nightmare. I rolled my eyes, sitting back down on top of the table. 

"What are you doing here Scott?" He chuckled softly, licking his bottom lip. He looked at me with his stupid smoldering look and quirked an eyebrow.

"What? Am I not allowed to work out on this island?" I rolled my eyes at his response, taking a big drink of my water and rolling my neck out. I got up from my spot on the table, stretching out my limbs. 

"You shouldn't even be allowed to be on this island Scott." I said through gritted teeth, shooting him the most sarcastic smile I could muster up. He rolled his eyes at me, standing up from his spot on the bench, shaking his head and finger at me. "Well, I see your sarcastic tone hasn't seemed to change a bit." I took a step back from him, just to be cautious. 

"You can stay right there." I said. Placing my arms over my chest as I kept my distance from him. He rolled his eyes, turning his head as he licked his bottom lip again. He did that whenever he got annoyed. He turned back, looking at me. "Sadie, baby I-" I shook my head violently.

"No. No! You do not ever call me that. I don't want to hear it. Just stay away from me Scott." I stuffed my headphones back in my ears, not giving him a chance to say another word, before starting the run back home. 

Halfway there, I slowed to a walk, losing motivation to push myself any further. I heard a car honk and took one headphone out, turning to see who it was, praying it wasn't Scott. "Hey Suds!" I smiled, recognizing the voice as Ashton's. He rolled the window all the way down, revealing him and Luke. I walked over to their truck, leaning on Ash's window. 

"Hey guys." I smiled at the two of them, Luke sending me a cute wink. Ash put the car in park.

"What are you doing?" I was still sweaty from the running, and partially from being around Scott. I let out a breath, bringing a hand up to my ear, tucking a fly away piece of hair behind my ear. "I just went for a little run this morning." Luke chuckled, as did Ashton, looking at me.