Mulaqat (The meeting)

She woke up early, checking the time it was 7:30 am. Shoot! If she didn't get dressed she was going to be late for work.

She quickly brushed her teeth and rinsed out with mouthwash. Obviously so her breath wouldn't smell when she was checking in customers .

She quickly put on her uniform. It was an emerald green, long two lipped shirt a little below her waist. It was long sleeved and had gold laces at  the rims of her sleeves and edge of her outfit. The matching pants also had gold laces, but had golden buttons running along the side of her calf.

The hotel uniforms are specially designed to meet every employee's individual style. However most of the female employees wore emerald green blazers with matching knee skirts.

When Sana first started working there, she told the manager that she wanted to wear something more modest.

In Islam it states in the Quran that a woman must dress modestly and it was customary in Pakistani culture for a girl to always carry a scarf.

She requested one to match her uniform from her manager, who agreed.

Sana grabbed her green scarf that was embroidered with golden flowers, shined with silver beads and rhinestones, laced with golden ribbons. It was one the most beautiful ones she owned.

She always kept the scarf with her whenever she went for work. The reason being that she did not want to miss her prayers.

There are a total of five prayers:
Fajir(morning prayer before sunrise)
Zuhr (noon to early afternoon)
Asr (afternoon prayer)
Maghrib (evening to sunset)
Isha ( night prayer)

Her work shift would extend over Zuhr, Asr, and Maghrib and sometimes even Isha.

Her Boss allowed her to take 15 mins off for each prayer. In turn in which she was grateful for.

Though she didn't wear a hijab she always liked to keep a scarf handy, so she could wrap it around her head to pray at any time.

She loved to drape it over her chest like a blanket so she could see the full extent of the patterns. Even though she wasn't the most conservative Muslim, she still felt comforted by the modesty of her scarf draping over her. But mostly she liked to wear it because it gave her strength and comfort.

Given her traumatic memories, Sana needed something to hold on to desperately. Allah(god) saved her life and in turn she became more religious and devoted to Him. She even turns to Him for comfort and her scarf was a symbol of her devotion and strength, but also her religion and comfort.

Sana quickly gathered her belongings and went downstairs. There she saw her family sitting around the table. Her little sisters Anwari (14) and  Thana (8) were munching on chickpeas, when they glanced up. Her father looked up from his newspaper.

"Leaving already?" He asked though he knew the answer.

"Yes Aba I have a long shift today." She  smiled.

"Absolutely not!" Her mother shouted in protest "You haven't even eaten breakfast yet!"

Sana and her sisters all rolled their eyes simultaneously, when their mother's back was turned. This earned a chuckle from her father.

"Amma I will eat when I get there. There's a huge cafe in the hotel remember?"

She pressed a swift kiss on her mother's annoyed face and proceeded to do the same for the rest of her family.

Just as she reached the door, she looked back and saw her family waving at her. Even her mother was waving.

"Drive safely." She ordered. "Try to come home before dinner." Her father said waving. "Bye Baji! (Older sister) have fun at work!" Her sisters said in unison, waving frantically.